Chapter 20

DIMITRI

Rose was pointing a gun at me. First she looked a little scared but ready to attack and then she looked angry. In the shop she said she doesn't want to see me again. And I didn't obey. But I had to come. I had to tell them information, I got from the Court.

I won't be coming there anymore. I'll send others next time. I don't want to tease her with these things and make her feel bad. It's not good for her or for the baby.

"Merry Christmas!" Paul ran to me. It was five in the morning and the kids couldn't wait for presents. Zoya was ripping down the paper from her present with a big smile on her beautiful face.

"Merry Christmas, kid-o."

"Zoya, don't eat the paper!" Mom came down the stairs. "You should better go dress yourselves, we're going to church later."

The church was full as always. I missed this church. Before, I used to come here almost every week. All the familiar faces I saw, now I can't remember them. I see some people still looking at me like I'm a devil inside of a church, but I got used of it already.

We still don't have any clue of Robert. It makes me angry. I want to catch him and kill him. Nobody can threaten Rose... It's interesting how I still can't move on.

"Where were you this morning?" Victoria whispered.

"At Marks."

"Seriously? She cheated on you and you still act like you're her golden retriever!" she was whispering to me.

"I had to tell them about the letter I got. But it's non of your business anyway."

"You are my brother. You didn't have to go. You could send anyone else. I could go..."

"Yes, sure."

"Yes. Oh, she would hear it from me, that little-"

"Watch it!" I say louder this time. She flinched and then looked at me.

"We are in church! Can you two not be rude?" Mother said.

"She ruined my life... And yours now too. She is not a saint as everyone says."

"Nobody is a saint. And what did she do to ruin your life, please tell me."

"Kids! Stop it right this instant, or get out and fight as much as you want! Unbelievable..." mother shaked her head. Victoria walked out of the church. I would go after her but I was too angry right now.

When the bells rang and we all got out of the church, I was starting to think of the place Victoria could be. But how could I know? I don't know her that well.

"Dimka?" I turn around and see a familiar face. I think that it's the one. Many years passed from the day I saw her last time.

"Kaya!" we hug. She was my classmate and a good friend. The last time we saw each other was at the time when I was going to my first job as a guardian.

"Look at you! Still keeping your hair long?" we laugh. "It fits you."

"I almost didn't recognize you. It's great to see you." I say. She was the only woman in her family that choose to be a guardian. And it was because of moroi Alexander Zeklos. She saw a God in him ever since we saw him on some birthday.