All Too Well

Prompt: song up there 👆

~*~

Dennise

"Hey!" I greeted when I found her  waiting for me on one of the waiting chair outside the operating room. Still in my operating gown, I stopped her from trying to hug me.

"Hey!" she greeted back and kissed me on the cheek instead. Her arms encircling my waist and I leaned in to rest my back against her. God, I was so tired from the 3 hour straight neurosurgery.

"Tired?" I weakly nodded and I nuzzle my face just below her chin.

"You still up for that dinner? You look beat" Alyssa whispered in my ears.

"You know I can't cancel kay Nay—" I caught myself. Bumitaw naman siya sa pagkakayakap niya sa akin.

"Tita" I corrected myself. Hindi na nga pala kami. "Magtatampo sa akin ang mga 'yun."

Alyssa stared at me before she sighed.

"You don't have to do this, Den. Maiintindihan naman ni Nay at Tay na busy ka. I feel guilty for forcing you to come—"

I quickly pressed a finger on her lips. I jolt back from the touch.

"H-hey you're not forcing me. You know naman na I love them like my real parents na rin. Isa pa, miss ko na rin sila. Let me just change okay? Mabilis lang. And I swear, hindi kita mapapatawad kapag iniwan mo'ko"

"Bagal mo kasi" Bulong nito. I pinched her cheeks.

"May sinasabi ka ba, Valdez?" Nilakihan ko ito ng mata. Making her scratch the back of her head and smiled goofily at me. Kulit talaga.

"Wala po, Turty este Doctora Lazaro." I  rolled my eyes and walked towards the hospital lockers.

I got out in a simple sleeveless cream dress topped with my lab coat and I  saw her waiting by her black Audi, wearing a white V-neck long sleeved shirt, denim shorts, exposing her tanned legs and white Vans shoes. A blue Ateneo cap was perched on her head and she was wearing her black rimmed glasses, similar to the ones she used to wear in college. Alyssa's get up is brimming with nostalgia.

"Didn't I tell you to dress casual?" She asked me as she takes in my appearance.

"Ba—Besh." Shit. Muntik na "This is casual." I replied and got in her car as she holds the door for me and then got in the driver's seat.

"Hey, do you mind if we stop a bit sa Ally's? I'm going to grab something real quick sa office." Sabi niya. I nodded. I missed that place.

"Hey, Babe, tie this around your eyes please" I looked at her as she grins like a kid in a candy store that I had no choice but to get the kerchief she's handing and I had no choice but to oblige. Mga pakana talaga nitong si Alyssa.

"Okay, babe. This better be good. You know I hate surprises." I grumbled.

"Trust me on this one, babe. You're going to love this" She said and  felt her slowly guiding me through the door as she fumbles for the key.

"Can I open them now?" I said.

"Wait lang" She replied and started pulling on some cloth to have the light shining directly at me. "Now" She breathed next to me.

I removed the blindfold and my mouth fell open as a huge collage of photos of us together were pieced on a wall to form the image of the two of us. I was smiling brightly at the camera as Alyssa has her lips  pressed on my cheeks.