You forgot to say it (JhoBea)

An: This is inspired by a camren fanfic. If ever you encountered "something in us will always know" by 3broomsticks, this is written in the same structure. I changed it up a bit to suit my writing style. Bit of au. "you" refers to Bea and "She" refers to Jho.

~*~

January. It's cold.

She's on your car's passenger seat watching fireworks go off on every city in the world, as you watch it reflect in her eyes.

And you're trying not to stare at her, for fear that she'll notice that your heart is thumping louder than those fireworks.

But, she won't. She'll never notice.

12:03 AM and this is what you do, you turn on the heater and you told her. "I love you".

Amidst all the exploding fireworks and your exploding heart, she heard it as "Happy New Year"

She says it back by adjusting your sweater and turning away before whispering a quiet "Happy New Year"

~*~

February. It's Valentine's Day.

She's standing in front of her locker being flooded by chocolates, notes and bouquets that you heard her complaining about it.

And you threw away the single stemmed white rose on the nearest trash can along with the poem you composed all night.

She'll never get to read it. Ever.

8:14 AM and this is what you do, you take her things and you say. "I love you. Please go out with me".

Amidst all the people asking other people to be their date and your stupid stuttering, she heard it as "Let me carry some of those back to your place"

She says it back by giving you the other half of the chocolates, secretly slipping the homemade ones she made last night before uttering a "sure"

~*~

March. It's raining.

She said she forgot to bring her umbrella because the morning news forgot to mention the downpour.

And you're trying to hide your smile as you watch her catch the rain droplets in her hands, wishing she'll catch you the same way.

But, you know she won't. She never will.

4:37 PM and this is what you do, you shield her with an umbrella and you say. "I love you. I don't want you to get sick"

Amidst all the raindrops pitter pattering as they fall to earth and the splish splashing of rain boots hitting puddles, she heard it as "Let's get you home, goofball"

She says it back by not taking out her umbrella and sharing yours before saying "I need some hot chocolate"

~*~

April. It's still raining.

She's pacing back and forth in front of you because apparently some 'hot' and 'gorgeous' volleyball player from the men's team is coming to pick her up.

And you're lying splayed on her couch pretending to be interested in listening to her ramble about him, you wish it was you she's talking about.

But, you're not. She's never going to talk about you like that.