Home

Prompt: Home is blue eyes and a heartbeat.

Alyssa stood in front of the stove, flipping the pancake that was sizzling in the pan. The smell wafting from the pan making her mouth water. Food had always been a huge part of her life. Even as a child, Alyssa took an interest in the culinary arts, learning her Mom's special adobo recipe at the age of 12. So, when she was asked in an interview what she wanted to do for the rest of her life aside from playing volleyball, it was easy for her to say that it's something that involves food. At 21, she already owned a restaurant from her playing career at volleyball and the endorsements that came with it. At 28, Ally's already have branches all over the Philippines and a reputation of a 5 star all day breakfast place. What she didn't mention in that interview is that she plans to do one more thing for the rest of her life, and that is to love her probably sleeping wife upstairs, it does have food involved with it too, to cook for her as long as they both shall live.

"Oh my God, Ly. That smells incredible." Or not, as the said wife said from behind her and she melted into the warm hug from the smaller girl.

"You smell even better, love" she replied, breathing in the scent of jasmine and roses that she associated to her wife for the last 12 years they've been together. 12 years. The thought made Alyssa smiled in contentment. 6 years building a name, playing as a volleyball power couple of the country and 6 years building a home and a family of four. The Lazaro—Valdez family.

"You showered without me?" Alyssa pouted before turning to her wife. Ah, wife. It still amazes Alyssa how 6 years into their marriage, she relishes in the fact that Dennise is hers, officially, legally, in every aspect, hers. So, to say, at the age of 28, Alyssa Valdez has everything she could ever ask for in life, a stable source of income, a modest house, a beautiful wife and two beautiful children. Yup, she was blessed alright. Dennise stood on her tiptoes to peck her protruding lips. Making a smile appear on Alyssa's face, her dimples deepening considerably, reminding Dennise of the day they first met on the court.

"Better?" Dennise whispered. Alyssa smiled as an answer but pulled the smaller one in for a longer kiss. She just woke up to cook breakfast on her day off. It's definitely worth more than just a peck, right?

"Better" Alyssa turned off the stove to serve Dennise their breakfast as the other sets the table.

"Where's my plate?" Alyssa asked when she saw a lone plate on their side of the table as the children had each their own plates and two cups of coffee. One with creamer, the other a strong blend of black coffee, just the way the doctor likes it. Dennise always like her coffee black. She reasoned that it was her companion for the tough nights in Med School and Alyssa complained it was her. She was the one who calms the doctor down when the latter couldn't concentrate, she's the one to make her sleep too. Lucky, lucky Dennise.

"Sharing is caring, Ly. Sit down so I can eat." Dennise commanded and Alyssa complied.

Of course, nothing much has changed. Except for Dennise getting much more bossier through the years. Dennise is the stern one in the relationship, knowing that if she let her wife, she's going to spoil their kids rotten. However, Alyssa is the disciplinarian around the house since she's usually around to take care of the kids as Dennise works her shift at the hospital. An 18 hr shift at most and 12 when it's less busier. Alyssa isn't one to complain though. She knows this is Dennise's dream. But, of course there's  a negative side to this... Dennise barely has time for their kids, what more for her?

"Talaga? Even the chair?" Alyssa replied, not that she's complaining, she misses having Dennise this close. They rarely have time together and the mornings where their little angels are still asleep are considered little miracles.