Rivals 3 (Last part)

Ella was just getting out of the bathroom of her flat when she heard loud knocks echoing throughout the house.

"Okay, okay. Saglit lang. Naliligo pa. Kaloka." She yelled before opening the door without even bothering to see the peep hole. She stumbled back when she saw a disheveled Dennise on her doorstep with rundown make up in a muddy dress, hugging her figure and wet, messy hair.

"Den? What happened?" Ella stayed back and opened the door widely to let her best friend get in the house. She hurriedly fetched a towel and some of Den's clothes that were left in her flat due to their countless sleepovers. Ella returned to the living room when she saw that Dennise didn't even move a muscle from the place she stood earlier. She has this blank look at nothing that's starting to worry Ella.

"Den" Ella urged the other girl gently and sat her down at the sofa, not really minding that her favorite piece of furniture is getting wet. What are friends for, right?

"Den, talk to me. Nag-aalala na ako uy" Ella tried again and this time, Den's blank look was focused on her. Ella knows something happened, something really bad.

"Ella, I did it" Dennise said softly that if it wasn't for the silence in the room, she wouldn't have heard it. Ella breathed in. She didn't want to push Dennise in spilling the tea but she knows she have to or else Dennise will clam up and let it tear her from the inside.

"Did what, Dennise? You can tell me anything, I won't judge." Ella silently dried Dennise's hair with the towel, she didn't want her best friend getting sick after all.

"I—I told her I love her" Dennise whispered. "I told her I love her and... And she... " Dennise then began sobbing and frustratedly sunk her head in her hands. Ella started rubbing her back, feeling guilty for even giving Dennise an idea. Hell, she could even slap that Alyssa Valdez right now for even making her best friend this messy.

Dennise Lazaro was always the calm, confident one. Seeing her crumbling just because of one girl is annoyingly frustrating for Ella. She knows Alyssa of course, and her reputation and she may think that this is just karma coming back to bite her best friend in the ass but no one gets to hurt her feelings and get away with it.

"It's okay, Den. It's not always about the happy endings. Hindi dahil hindi kayo nagkatuluyan ni Valdez ay wala ka nang karapatang masaktan. There's more to love than just being each other's end game. Kaya okay lang yan, Den. Umiyak ka hangga't may iiyak ka. Umiyak ka hanggang mahal mo pa siya. Umiyak ka ngayon pero bukas, tumingala ka na ulit because there's no way I'm letting you be miserable just because of a girl" Ella consoled a crying Dennise still buried in her hands.

"Ella, she's not just any girl. Ella, she's Alyssa Valdez. I'm in love with an Alyssa Valdez. I've been in love with her since first year pa tayo. I saw her walk through those double doors of the hallway for the first time and I know that she's it for me. Ella, the first time I saw Alyssa, I  didn't just see her as another girl. I saw her as the girl I could fall in love with. I saw her as someone I can actually be with. Ella, kahit noon pa, alam ko na. Mahal ko si Alyssa at 10 years, naiintindihan mo ba? 10 years na ang lumipas pero ano? Nakamove on ba ako? Wala diba? Nga nga. Mahal ko pa rin. Putangina." Dennise ranted through ragged breathing.

"Ang masama pa, kahit noong mga time na binubully ko siya, I see a future with her. Kahit kasama niya si Mika, doing things couples do. I  can see me doing that with her. Nakakatanga, Ella. Hindi mo alam kung gaano kahirap magpanggap na wala kang nararamdaman para sa isang tao kahit na kaharap mo na siya. Ang hirap tumingin sa kanya at isipin na paano kaya kung merong Kami? What if it's us instead of them? Sobrang hirap nung nagseselos ka kahit wala kang karapatan. Ang hirap, ang sakit. Pero alam mo, mas mahirap malaman na pwede pala kayo, kaso huli ka na." Dennise then again broke down in sobs. Just remembering her conversation with Alyssa brought another ache inside of her. An ache that she isn't sure if it's going to heal.