Taped Photographs

An: Here it is, part II of All too well
Prompt: Here are all our photographs that you tore, all taped together. Think about it. Again.

~*~

"You did what?!" Ella exclaimed after hearing why she had to pick Dennise up from the Valdez's residence.

Dennise was as much as a mess as the sobbing Alyssa she left on the room. Ella didn't say anything throughout the whole ride, thinking that Dennise needed the breather. She was right about that one.

Dennise was like a Jenga tower and a block was removed from the foundation that she was crashing down fast and hard before she could even try to hold everything in place. It took her too long before she could convince herself that she's finally slate clean of her feelings for the other girl. It took her too long to build herself again after Alyssa left her in rubble. And now, here it is again, trying to get to her again. Destructive feelings trying to drown her again.

"I told her I moved on from her" She said stoically before taking a swig of her beer.

2 am, beer and Dennise. It wasn't even 12 hours after the fallout and she's already falling back to the habits she used to do when she was still hang up on Alyssa.

"Bullshit, Dennise." Ella swore as she took the bottle of beer and drained it down the sink. "Bullshit" She repeated.

"We're going to talk about this sober. You didn't move on from her. You convinced yourself you moved on from her. There's a difference" Ella emphasized. It surprised Dennise that no part of her brain had any objection to that.

"Well, it did the trick. Same thing" She said nonchalantly as if it was just a broken nail when it fucking feels like a bullet wound.

Ella knew better than that. Of course, she knew. She'd seen so much of her two best friends' drama to know this isn't the end of the story, if not it's only the beginning and this time, she hopes they get it right not to wind up into another ending.

"Punyeta, Dennise. Walang move on na naganap sa inyong dalawa. Ang ginawa niyo, tinago niyo nang tinago yang feelings niyo at pinahaba ang kwento na dinaig niyo pa 'yung Ang Probinsyano ni Oppa Cardo." Dennise now had an argument to that but Ella held her hand up as a motion for the other girl to let her speak first.

"I don't know what's the deal with you two when it's just too plain to see. Den, mahal mo si Ly. Walang pa, walang ulit dahil kahit kelan hindi yun nawala. At mahal ka rin niya. Punyeta. Magsama na kasi kayo para everybody happy. Ang problema kasi sa inyo, ang bagal nitong isa, ang manhid mo naman. Sinaktan ka niya? Nasaktan mo rin siya. My point is, bigyan mo ng chance. God, pinapahirapan niyo lang ang mga sarili niyo" Ella was panting after that rant.

Dennise took that opportunity to speak. She was half-guilty and half in denial of the things Ella mentioned. But, what she didn't appreciate was the comparison to Oppa Cardo. Whatever it was, it doesn't sound good.

"First off, what's Oppa Cardo got to do with anything. Second off, sabihin nating you're right more than about one thing you said, It's not that easy, Ella. Alam mo kung paano ako no'ng nagbreak kami." Dennise murmured.

She felt guilty knowing that it was Ella who suffered through the break up with both of them. Ella didn't want to choose between them that she was there for both. It was also Ella who's the happiest when they decided to at least be civil with each other. Ella was always there. Dennise felt guilty for making her go through so much bullshit then at ito na naman nga. Maiipit na naman ito sa kanilang dalawa.

"You better bet I'm right, Missy." Ella said then sighed "No, Den. Hindi ko alam. All you did then was get drunk until you pass out. I wake up to you, crying in the middle of the night, crying at 8 am in the morning. Den, you were murmuring Ly's name in sobs. So, Oo. Wala akong alam. Wala talaga. Den, Ly was no better than you then. Amy had to stay at her place to prevent her from committing suicide. Suicide, Dennise. Naiintindihan mo ba?"