Something just like this

An: From the coldplay x The Chainsmokers. This is a tribute to the Phenom, the Queen Eagle, Alyssa Valdez. I know it's late but today's the game 1. Time to reclaim the crown.

~*~

Dennise hurried down to the court, never minding the people that were swarming towards her person. Alyssa was crying for fuck's sake, she needed to be there for her more than anyone of the twenty two thousand people in the crowd. Dennise's didn't bother uttering excuse mes and apologies as they would only be drowned out by the cheers of the green side. With the confetti raining down from above, it was hard to pinpoint who was whom with the blur of blues and whites. If not for the paparazzi swarming over the crying and applauding Alyssa, Dennise wouldn't know where to go.

Alyssa had her eyes wandering over the thousands of people surrounding her but she only needs one. One person to stop the bleeding. Their eyes met from the sea of people and Alyssa started making her way to her. The girl on the other hand dashed into her and engulfed her into a warm hug, crying into her shoulders. Alyssa returned the hug and broke down in Dennise's arms. She felt like a little kid enclosed with the protection of Dennise, not the superhero that everyone think she is.

"It's okay, Ly. It's okay. I'm proud of you. I'm here. I'm proud of you, baby. You did a great job" Dennise whispered and broke from the hug.

That was enough for Alyssa to compose herself and gave everyone a smile, thanking and bowing to the crowd who came to watch her last flight for the blue and white. The crowd from both the Green and Blue erupted in cheers as Alyssa takes her final bow. It was a very emotional scene for both teams but even more so when the phenom took her final bow before leaving the arena.

Alyssa headed straight for the chapel and offered a prayer. She needed to be away from people right now. She needed some time alone. She doesn't want to face everything yet. Everything can spare an hour or so. After finishing her prayer and taking her leave she felt hands on her wrist. She recognized the touch and slid her palm up to intertwine it with hers. There were no words spoken between them as Dennise raised their interlaced hands and pressed her lips on Alyssa's hand. It was a simple gesture and no words were said but it melted her heart.

Dennise knows that Alyssa was in no shape to drive and so, she lead the girl quietly to her car and drove off to her apartment. The last thing Alyssa needs right now is an exposure to the social media. Dennise is going to do everything not to let anything get to Alyssa. The rest of the world can wait, Dennise has to do her duty.

"You can stay here for now, Ly. Do you want anything?"

Alyssa just quietly sat down on the couch and shook her head.

"Do you want to talk about it?" again Alyssa shook her head and pat the space next to hers. Dennise understood the gesture and sat down.

"Can I—?" Alyssa squeaked. Dennise didn't get what that meant and Alyssa repeated it.

"Can I—?" Dennise got it that time and she held Alyssa by the waist and lifted her off the couch to sat on her lap. Alyssa then buried her face in Dennise's neck and started sobbing. Dennise started rubbing her back to soothe the other girl's breathing.

"Still the phenom no matter what" Dennise whispered in her ears. Alyssa sobbed harder.

"It's just so hard, Den. It's like I failed everyone. Everyone is expecting me to leave behind a legacy. A 3-peat championship just because I'm Alyssa Valdez, the phenom. I don't understand, Den. I never wanted all the fame. I just want to play volleyball and do what I love. Those people out there, they look at me like I'm a superhero, like I'm superwoman or something. Den, I'm just me. I'm  Alyssa Valdez, human and vulnerable not some invincible hero in a cape."

"But you are, Ly. You are a hero. You're strong, you can fly. To all these people, looking up to you, you're a hero and you don't need a costume for that. You don't have to be Superman or Batman nor do you need a cape. You're Alyssa Valdez wearing volleyball jersey no. 2 for the blue and white. Be damn proud of it. Because, I am. The whole team is. Your family is."

"I know it's just you know how I feel about failures and rejection. It feels like I will never be good enough for anyone again. Den, I'm scared people will not love me anymore because I failed them. And the scary thing about failing is finding out who stays after."

"Ly, you don't have to prove your worth to anyone who loves you. Failure or not, for them, for us, you will be the best. People will stay if they love you. You're more than your failures, Ly. We're all still here. You are loved by the people more than you disappointed them. You have bashers? Let them be. Don't let it get to you. They're wrong."

"They're right about one thing tho, I'm nothing without you" Alyssa whispered and got off from Den's lap and they exchanged positions. Dennise was now the own on Alyssa's lap as the other girl is hugging her from behind and her chin resting on Dennise's shoulders.

"No, Ly. Stop thinking that. You're more than just me. You're more than just us. Hindi dahil kinilig ako sa sinabi mo, I'm going to let you wallow in your insecurities." Dennise sighed and fiddled with Alyssa's hands on her lap.

"Yes, we are a tandem. We're the best Libero-Spiker tandem. Aly and Den, AlyDen 'Di ba? But, babe, listen to me. Alyssa is existing years before she met Dennise. You have a name and reputation already before coming to Ateneo. You're already you and I'm already me and we made ourselves a better version of each other. I'm grateful for that. I'm lucky I met you." This time she kissed Alyssa's forehead. Alyssa closed her eyes.

"So, Stop selling yourself short, babe. You're not just that failure. You're entitled to make mistakes. You're not perfect but not everyone is going to leave you for it and not everyone will stay but that's okay, Ly. Because things like this let's you grow into someone more stronger. Cheer up, okay? You got me always and I got you always. Cry for now, be vulnerable. But tomorrow, stand up and stand proud, Valdez because not everyone has reached the heights you have. I'm proud of you. We're proud of you."

"What would I do without you?" Alyssa murmured.

"Probably wallowing in tears and missing your gorgeous girlfriend." Dennise kidded and kissed her cheek. "My girlfriend is superwoman kasi, e"

"And you, Dennise Michelle Garcia Lazaro will always be my kryptonite"

"I don't want to be your weakness, Ly. I want to be your spinach to Popeye. I want to be your strength. Just always remember that you have me. You don't have to be super. You don't have to be a hero. I just want you for everything you are. Failures and rejections included. Even if the world doesn't know about us, I wouldn't trade this for anything else. How much do you want to risk? Because, I'm not looking for someone with superhuman gifts. Just something like this."

~*~

An: I hope you like this one. :) Ps. NakakaLSS yung song. Fitting naman sa kanila di ba? Never shall we sink! Good luck, babies!