Shades of Wrong II

Dennise was jogging at the treadmill listening to a Passion Pit song when arms wrapped around her waist and lifted her off. The model shrieked and then laughed when fingers tickled her sides.

"Ly, ano ba. Stop. I'm all sweaty and smelly. Mangangamoy pawis ka." said Dennise in fits of laughter.

She's in her black sweatpants and black sports bra. Alyssa is in a plain gray shirt and pants, having come from her volleyball practice for the day.

"Well, how else was I going to get my gorgeous girlfriend's attention" said Alyssa and let Dennise down.

"Feel na feel mo ah" Dennise whispered in Alyssa's ear before kissing her cheeks. Alyssa just shrugged like always.

Eyes were on them now. Well, eyes were always on them when they're together. They're in one of Valdez athletics gym. As promised, Dennise made it a point to fulfill her part of the bargain. Or maybe she's just using the bargain as an excuse to see Alyssa everyday.

Not that Alyssa was lacking on her part, the girl makes her feel special in every way. Complimenting her, accompanying her on late night shoots, being the shoulder to cry on when her bad days hit her. She doesn't want to assume things tho. Alyssa has always been kind. But, there's always something extra when it comes to her. The way Alyssa treats her is different from her past relationships that she wished it wasn't just a publicity stunt. That somewhere along those lines, she wasn't the only one wishing it was real.

"I came to remind you that you have an interview. Ella called me. Hatid na kita to your place" Alyssa said tucking a stray hair in Dennise's ear.

Dennise blushed at the gesture. She doesn't understand why. They've been 'dating' each other for about three months now. She's used to Alyssa being extra sweet and extra caring when it comes to her because come on, they're putting on a play. They're supposed to do that. The thing is, it comes to Alyssa as natural as breathing and Dennise is getting a carried away.

"No, babe. I can manage. I have my car naman. Pagod ka from practice, right?" Alyssa nodded but has that puppy dog look in her face that Dennise pinched her cheeks.

"Why don't you come with me na lang? Mamayang 3 pa ang interview ko" Dennise said and Alyssa grinned. "But, I'll drive. No buts" Dennise insisted.

The two then found themselves sitting on the couch watching The Others. Dennise has her arm wrapped around Alyssa's waist, her head resting on Alyssa's shoulders. Alyssa has Dennise tucked into her arms and her head leaning against Dennise's head.

It has been a habit for them. To be this close without questions being asked. Well, Dennise questioned it once. Asked the other girl why they had to be this close when there are no audience around or peering eyes to watch over them. Alyssa just shrugged but didn't release hold of her. Dennise didn't move away either. Alyssa has that kind of warmth that gets under Dennise's skin. And it's not bad to enjoy the other girl's company. Dennise doesn't understand what they have but it sure is more than friendship.

"You're still not telling me what happened with the Michael guy?" Alyssa whispered on the top of her head.

"For the nth time, it's Myco" Dennise sighed.

This is actually the first time that Alyssa opened the subject. Dennise would often crash at Alyssa's place breaking down because of the guy or rather what he did. Alyssa would always comfort her. Let her cry for hours in the safety of her arms. Never did Alyssa ask her a question. Dennise was grateful for that.

"Are you not ready to talk about him yet?"

Dennise checked with herself for a bit.  And the words that popped into her head were Myco Antonio who?