Rivals (ft. MikaSa)

An: Battle of the rivals kasi. Hahaha. It's Den Vs Mika fam.

~*~

Dennise sighed at the stack of paperwork on her desk. She can't get anything done. She's fidgety for some reason and so is the rest of the telecommunications company she's working in. Today is the day their current CEO will step down to give the spot to his youngest child. The said child of Mr. Valdez was of course a force to be reckoned with when it comes to the business world just like the rest of their family. Dennise hadn't met him in person but unfortunately, she'll be working under him as the current COO.

"Ms. Lazaro, It's time" Maria, Dennise's secretary knocked from the other side of the glass panel.

Dennise sighed and straightened out nonexistent creases on her white button down shirt tucked into a pencil skirt. She grabbed her coat from her seat and placed it on her shoulder. She wanted to impress her new boss. After all, first impression lasts right?

She headed to a crowded conference room for the board of directors of which she is a member of. Working with a room full of men doesn't necessarily excite Dennise, that has something to do with getting hit on every five minutes. Not that there's no good looking gentleman in the company but... Well, let's just say that Dennise Lazaro doesn't swing that way. She's not so sure she swings any way because there's been no one before.

"Good morning, Gents" Mr. Valdez greeted the board with a friendly smile but the air of command still intact in his persona. "and lady" He addressed to Dennise, who is the only female member of the board. At 28, Dennise had reached heights that people of her age could only dream of, all thanks to her ambitious and fierce nature when it comes to business.

"I called you here for matters of importance. As you all know, I'm not getting any younger." The man continued in a much lighter manner, making the room burst into chuckles. "And I would like to spend some quality time with my wife and grandkids before all this business talk bore the light out of me." Mr. Valdez is barely halfway through his fifties, still young to be considered old yet he doesn't look a day past his early forties. It could be his funny and friendly nature that seems to immortalize his features.

"It's been a pleasure working with you and this company but I deem my successor of more than worthy to continue my legacy. Now, as much as I would like to continue talking, I'm beyond excited to introduce you to my youngest daughter, Alyssa Valdez, I'll be leaving you all to her capable hands. Hija, come here" The man gestured to the back of the room where a figure leans of the wall with her arms folded across her chest.

Dennise then turned to look at this new CEO and caught the other woman, staring intently at her with eyes smoldering with something that looks a lot like fury. Eyes couldn't really smolder but hers came pretty darn close. Dennise gulped when she replayed the name her previous boss said. Alyssa Valdez. No wonder why the surname sounds familiar when she started working here. Alyssa Valdez has a hold on her since Highschool that she couldn't quite break out from and it seems that hold didn't quite falter over the years.

"Hey, Michelle. Look at that. Your nerd is finally here" Mico, her supposed to be boyfriend nudged Dennise.

Dennise took a peek at the morena girl from her locker mirror. Alyssa Valdez, dressed in a slightly tacky version of their uniform with her glasses falling from her nose every five minutes. Dennise always thought the girl was cute but of course she wouldn't admit that to her clique. She's a cheerleader, popular, straight A student with the perfect life, perfect family and dating the most popular basketball jock. Unfortunately, the only straight thing about Dennise is her grades. And that's because of a certain Morena skinned girl and Dennise resents her for it.