Rivals 2

An: I promised an update, and an update I shall give. Thank you sa mga nagbabasa! Enjoy!

~*~

After getting out of that room, away from the lovers, Dennise took out her phone and dialed the first number she could think of.

"This is the your pretty resident psychologist speaking. What can I help you with, blue eyes?" Ella kidded from the other side of the phone, not having the slightest idea of the emotional turmoil Dennise is suffering from. That made a ghost of a smile appear on the young COO's face tho. She could always count on Ella to give light to a somber day.

"Hey, Ells?" Dennise's voice broke at the second syllable.

"Den?" The psychologist called in concern. Never had she heard Dennise's voice broke in years. The last time she heard Dennise cry is when she called Ella to pick her up from their house that one faithful night.

Ella is sprawled across her bed after packing all her things to take to college. It was tiring work but she's glad to be out of highschool. Highschool is a place where kids are forced to fit into boxes and Ella, Ella was just glad that part of her life is over.

She was going to Ateneo with a full ride scholarship along with Dennise. They were going to share the same dorm but not the same classes. Ella is set to pursue her psychology degree and Dennise chose to pursue a management course.

Ella was just about to fall asleep when her phone rung abruptly, a ringtone she set for her best friend.

"Hello, blue eyes?" Ella groaned out but was met with nothing but stifles and sobbing from the other line.

"Den?" Ella shot up, sleep long forgotten when she heard crying.

"I... I did it, Ells" Den sobbed out in tears. "I— I told them" She said in a shaky way that if it wasn't for Den's voice, Ella wouldn't believe it was her best friend on the other side of the phone.

"Wait, Den, you lost me. Where are you? What's happening?" Ella tried to ask in a calm manner even if Dennise's disposition is scaring her. Not once had she seen her this broken.

"I— I lost them" Den continued.

"You lost who? Den, please tell me you're alright" Ella said, heading out the door of her room, passing her mom by the living room watching boys over flowers.

"Saan ka pupunta, Elliit! Hoy magsasaing ka pa" Her mom said but she didn't mind as she looks for her pair of flipflops.

"MA, ikaw na lang po muna. Hindi ka naman iiwan ni Go Jun Pyo. Kailangan lang ako ni Den." Ella yelled before dashing out to the direction of the Lazaro house. It was the biggest one in their subdivision so Ella had no trouble at all with finding it.

Ella there found Dennise under a huge narra tree, in a crouched position, her knees on her chest and her arms around her knees, the phone on the ground, long forgotten.

"Den?" Ella softly called out to other girl but Dennise tightened her hug on her knees. Ella then rubbed her back to do something to comfort Dennise even if she has no idea at all at what happened.

Ella found a very distraught Dennise pacing the room back and forth even as there were still tear tracks staining her cheeks.

"Ella, it's that bitch again. Jusko. Nakakairita. It's Mika then. And it's Mika now. Tapos yang Alyssa na yan, she's going to ask me about that stupid kiss. I mean that was almost a decade ago. At ikakasal na siya. How dare she say shit like she was in love with me then kung ikakasal na pala siya diba? What was the damn point? And why the fuck does Mika have to rub it in na siya ang babae niyang si Valdez. Punyeta lang. At ang lakas pa talaga ng loob niyang si Valdez na paalisin ako. Baka hindi niya alam na COO ako ng company niya. She needs me there. Hindi yung babae na baka pineperahan lang siya. Sino ba siya sa tingin niya!!!" Dennise continued rambling, not even giving Ella a chance to say anything but just listen to her insistent rant about the MikaSa couple. Dennise doesn't even seem to notice Ella until she ran out of breath from her continuous ranting.