EIGHT

An: Quick reminder that this is fiction. No event thereof, no matter how similar to the events in the story are purely coincidental. This deals a bit with sensitive topic and i hope I explain enough so you're not confused. Eight is infinity. Italics are flashbacks

~*~
Dennise

10:27 am

Where are you?

Are you coming?

People are coming in and out of the café.

I've been 15 minutes early.

Then a tinkling sound was heard.

10:28 am

I busied myself with the reviewers in front of me when Alyssa came huffing and puffing in front of me.

"Woah. Take a breath. Hahaha. Hindi naman ako aalis." I laughed and offered her a glass of water.

"Sorry. Galing akong practice. I had to shower first and had to find a proper parking lot. Tsaka I had trouble finding this place. Sorry." she explained out of breath like the cute thing she is.

"Chill, Ly. Haha. Hindi ka naman late. You're just in time." I pointed at the clock that says 10:30 am.

"Yeah pero kanina ka pa dito. I don't want you waiting for me." She insisted. Always so polite.

"Really, it's fine" I said and I placed a hand on her fiddling ones and she instantly tenses up. Ang cute talaga ni Ly.

"Why are you laughing?" I didn't realize I was laughing.

"Kasi you're nervous. Alyssa, ako lang 'to" Then she shook her head slowly.

"No, Dennise. Have you looked in the mirror lately? It's just that you're beautiful and smart and so kind." I can feel my cheeks heating up from that. "I don't know how to act around someone so perfect" she added and it was my turn to shake my head.

"Ly, hindi ako perfect." I insisted.

"You are, to me" I heard her mumble.

"Thank you" I muttered "Anyway, have you been here before?" I said to divert the topic. Nice question, Den. Obviously, hindi pa. Naligaw nga siya diba?

"Nope. Ang ganda dito. How did you find it?"

She turns around to look at the place. It was a café, a bookstore and an art gallery. It has a simple and homey design. This is why I chose this place, many comes and goes but you have your own space so you don't feel crowded.

"Kilala mo si Mrs. Jauregui?" I whispered.

"the lit professor?" Alyssa asked confused.

"She owns this place with her wife" and as if on cue a raven haired woman with bright emerald orbs for eyes approached us.

"hello, girls. What would you have today?"

"hey, Mrs. Jauregui!" I greeted and she laughed.

"oh no. Mrs. Jauregui is Camila. I'm just Lauren. I see you brought a friend?" She said and gestured to Alyssa.

"This is Alyssa." I giddily introduced her "and we're here on a date."

"Hello, Alyssa. Dennise talks too much about you." She greeted my blushing companion and I can't help a blush on my cheeks too.

"Hello po." Alyssa mumbled shyly.

"Ah. I see you found the courage to ask her out?" I nodded at Lauren's smirk and met Alyssa's confused gaze.