EXTRA: Welcome to the Madness (Part 2)

The skaters were relaxed and happy as they circled the ice. It was the last morning of the Grand Prix Final, and the competitive pressure was officially gone. They were all at CCIB Barcelona practicing for the gala exhibition later in the day.

Yuri was sitting on the bleachers, earphones plugged in. He arrived at the venue earlier than everyone else to practice his new exhibition program. The song playing in his ears was the song Otabek chose for him after a night of bar-hopping at El Poblenou, where he let out his frustrations over the Katsudon and that damn guy in the music video.

Ayumi grabbed his attention as soon as entered the arena, her hair perfectly tousled and her face devoid of makeup. He knew she was going to be late for practice because of another emergency meeting at Telefonica. Once she did arrive, however, she immediately went to him.

"Hi Yura," she said as she sat down. Yuri instantly brought an arm around her shoulders. "What happened so far?"

"Not much. We did a dry run of the entire event, but they haven't taught us the final group presentation yet."

She hummed in relief, and soon they were joined by the other skaters. It was time for them to take turns practicing their routines individually.

Ayumi marveled when it was Yuuri's turn to practice with Viktor. She immediately recognized Stay Close to Me, the song Viktor skated to the previous season—and the one the Katsudon replicated to lure the grey-haired idiot to Japan.

"I love how symbolic it is," she told him. "It's the song that brought them together, isn't it?"

"I hate it!" he retorted. "It's stupid! They're both stupid!" She playfully shoved an elbow to his stomach, and he buried his chin on her shoulder as they watched the two skate.

Finally, it was Ayumi's turn to take the ice. He was curious as he's never actually seen her program before (That was on her. She didn't perform it on both the NHK Trophy and Rostelecom Cup... Work obligations.) The others cheered as her exhibition song played: 'Do You Remember' by Jarryd James.

If there was one thing he envied about his girlfriend, it would be her musical taste. Unlike most skaters, her song selections were more contemporary, yet perfectly ice-worthy. She skated it with elegance, and there was a great variation of subtle and drastic moves. The vibe was completely different from her programs this season. It was not seductive at all-- it was fierce and romantic. He couldn't help but watch her in awe.

Ayumi struck her final pose and got off the ice. Everyone else clapped, then turned to him in anticipation. As the two Singles' champions, he was scheduled to skate immediately after his girl in the lineup. But when he refused to run through his routine, they looked at him as if he grew a second head.

"Are you sure you're not gonna practice?" Ayumi asked. He quickly replied, "Yeah, I'm sure."

"I don't get it. Why are you being so secretive about your program?"

He simply gave her a kiss on the cheek. "It's a surprise."

His girlfriend looked at him incredulously, and he just shrugged. When she was not looking, he turned to Otabek and gave him a mischievous smirk. The Kazakh skater smirked back.

Just you wait, Ayu.

------

"And now, the Men's Singles Gold Medalist from Russia: Yuri Plisetsky!!!"