EXTRA: Night Out with Otabek

In the middle of Shanghai's Oriental Sports Center, the flags of Russia and Taiwan fluttered. Gold medals clinked. The crowd was wild. Ayumi Matsumoto and Yuri Plisetsky have risen to the challenge of following through on their Grand Prix Final victories 3 months earlier—they were now the new World Figure Skating Champions.

The two circled the ice after receiving their medals, their respective flags hanging behind their backs. It was a sight to behold. Fans were screaming when it was obvious they had no intention to let go of each other's hands, and continued to do so even as they bowed one last time and proceeded backstage.

Ayumi was overjoyed. The effort she's exerted in perfecting her programs has paid off. She felt like she made Miwako proud, and she shared the feeling with her incredibly talented boyfriend.

"That felt amazing!" she cheered. "This season has been incredible, hasn't it?"

Yuri was amused, but played it off. "You're way too giddy, idiot." She chose to ignore the comment and beamed.

Suddenly, Otabek Altin (who won 3rd after surpassing JJ) approached them. "Hey. I just wanted to congratulate you on your wins. You two were great."

She waved gladly at him, while Yuri nodded. "Thanks, Beka."

Otabek turned to him. "So, I'm going to an club tonight because I'm hosting a gig. I figured I'd tell you this time before you insist on following me again."

An excited look crossed his face, and Ayumi raised an eyebrow. She was never informed of any club-entering incident. Before she could even ask, a resounding 'pop' from behind caught her off-guard.

"CONGRATULATIONS YUMI!!!"

When she turned around, she saw her seven childhood friends holding party poppers and champagne bottles, giving her the biggest smiles. "You guys... you guys are here... h-how?"

"Well, it is your first senior Worlds, isn't it?" Ryoji answered with a grin. "We wanted to cheer you on even though we knew you were gonna take it home anyway."

"Yeah! Way to win it for Taiwan, babe!"

Everyone was in such high spirits, and that alone brought Ayumi to tears. "Oh my... I never thought we'd all be happy together again since..."

They wrapped their arms around her while Jessica chided. "Stop being such a crybaby, hon! We're supposed to be celebrating! You won! This calls for a night out!"

Jessica turned to Yuri who was just staring at the scene with his mouth open. "Yuri, you don't mind if we steal your girl, right?"

Everything was happening so fast, and he didn't have a chance to react before she was pulled away by her very eager friends. She noticed his discomfort and wiggled out of their grasp to talk to him.

"Are you gonna be alright?" he asked, placing his hands on her waist.

"Yeah, don't mind me. Just go and have a boys' night out with Otabek. By the look on your face a while ago, you wanted to join him anyway" she smiled.

Yuri shrugged. "Well, you got me there."

Ayumi looked at the two of them, amused. "Don't go too crazy, okay?"

"Shouldn't I be saying the same? I'm not the one with a track record here" he teased back. 

Otabek looked at her at the mention of a 'track record'. She knew he was probably curious, but he didn't say anything. They weren't all that close despite being Yuri's closest companions.

"... Touché. Oh well, I guess you're entitled to a bit of crazy now that the season's over."

Yuri laughed and pecked her lips. "Don't worry, idiot. I'll always come back to you."