Chapter 7: The one that got away

Hiccup didn't stop running until he was in the cave he had left Toothless in earlier.

"Bud! We have to go! Now!", shouted the Viking to his friend. The Night Fury, who had been sleeping this whole time, got scared and almost shot his friend with a plasma blast.

"Woah! Calm down, bud! It's me. It's alright," said the rider with a calm tone in his voice, caressing his dragon's head. Toothless began to purr. Hiccup smiled. "There you go... Now, come on Toothless! We have to leave!", said the rider. "I feel like someone followed me", he thought, while getting on Toothless' saddle, smiling.

On the other side of the forest, a certain leader was looking for the one that got away...

No! Not in that way! I was thinking of... *sigh* Hiccup... that... got away before answering the girl's question... Yeah... You know what I meant, so... Back to the story now!

"Hey! Guy-who-never-told-us-his-name! We're kind of looking for you!", screamed the long-haired boy.
"Well... not us, per say. Just Astrid," said the girl to her twin brother. They laughed quietly, not to let this "Astrid" know that they were talking about her.

"She wasn't the only one! I wanted to look for him too! It's not like... she likes him or anything...", mumbled the black-haired boy. Astrid rolled her eyes and pretended like she didn't hear anything.

The rest of the group, except the chubby one, kept talking about her and this stranger. She tried not to think about it, but they kept laughing and laughing about... them! She just couldn't take it anymore...

"Enough! Just... Stop. Talking about me and this... this... I don't even know who he is! The only reason why I wanted to follow him was to thank him! He... he saved our lives...", shouted Astrid to her friends. They immediately stopped talking and looked down.

Ruffnut, the girl twin, opened her mouth as to say something, but nothing came out. "S-sorry, A...", said Tuffnut, Ruffnut's brother. Astrid exhaled deeply and continued to search for the man who saved their lives.

While they were wandering through the woods, only a few hundred feet above them was one Night Fury and his rider.

"That was close! They were so close I could heard them!", said the Viking. All those events gave Hiccup such a rush of adrenaline. It's been a long time since he was this happy and excited. But after some time, the emotions he had felt faded away. He sighed and lied down on Toothless' back. He stopped smiling and looked at the sunset.

 He stopped smiling and looked at the sunset

"Who is she? Who is she?!", he screamed. He just couldn't remember where he knew her from. He put his head in his hands and grunted. "Why can't I figure this out?!"

For some reason, she was the only thing he had in mind. He just needed to forget this day... Forget her. After a few minutes of thinking, Hiccup stood up straight and said to his best friend:

"Hey, Toothless... Get us home..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! My life is a mess... I was writing this chapter while listening to The Office (US) and eating Cheetos in only a hoodie and sweat pants... Now I know what it's like to be a writer... I... LOVE IT!!! Anyways, two exams to go: English and science... Also, thanks for them views! Really motivates me to write! I actually really like to write. I don't need views or anything, but it's still feels really good! :)
-Maya's Stories
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~