Chapter 37: Gone

He laughed for a brief moment and then stopped, putting on a small evil smirk. "I see everything. I hear everything! Did you really think I wouldn't hear your trader friend say your name!?", said Drago. The rider frowned. "My men are everywhere! They tell me everything they see or hear..."

"What do you want!?", shouted Hiccup.
"I want you to tell me your secret.", replied Bludvist.
"Secret? What secret?"
"How you have so many dragons by your side! How you're able to ride a Night Fury! Every single thing you know about every dragon you know..."
"*scoff* You really think I'll tell that? It wouldn't even happen in your wildest dreams!"
"There were two paths. The easy one... and the hard one. You took the hard one..."

Hiccup wasn't sure how to react to those words. Drago came up to him and punched him in the face so hard he fell down on the cold ground. His head was spinning and blood was dripping from his lower lip. He wiped it away and stood up, with a bit of difficulty.

As soon as the rider was on his feet, the man hit him again in the stomach. Hiccup fell down on his knees, holding his stomach. Drago took the boy's hair and lifted his head.

"You are going to regret your choice, boy...", said the horrible man. "Put him and his fury in cages!", screamed Bludvist to his hunters.

While Viggo and his boss were talking about his reward for bringing Toothless and Hiccup in, the rider was being locked up, with no possibility of escaping. While our dear hero was losing all hope, Astrid was back at the village warning her friends of the horrors that could happen to her... "friend".

"We need to go back! W-We have to help him!", screamed Astrid to the group.
"Don't worry, Astrid. We'll go look for him! I promise you, we'll find him.", said Fishlegs in a reassuring voice.
"Shouldn't we tell Stoick about this Dra-stuff guy?", asked Tuffnut.
"No! We can't! Because then, he'll send all of Berk to stop him and all of the dragons are gonna get captured!", screamed the blonde-haired girl.
"Then why are we going?", asked Ruffnut.
"Are you serious?! Because... Well, because... *sigh* Because he once saved us... He risked his life to help us and our dragons. It's time to pay him back!"

"I don't really like the guy... but Astrid's right! Without him, I would have never fell in love with my Princess!", said Snotlout, pointing Ruff, "Let's go find him!"
"Y-Yeah! I'm with you too, Astrid... e-even though it's most definitely dangerous...", said Fishlegs.
"Ugh! Fine! We'll go too!", finally said Tuffnut.

Astrid was extremely happy of her friends' support. She quickly thanked them and told them what they needed to bring on their rescue mission. She had no idea what she was getting into, but she would have done anything to bring Hiccup back.

After about an hour, the group left Berk. A few hours later, they arrived at a quite empty Market.

"Oh no! T-They're gone! How are we gonna find them now?!", screamed Astrid, tears forming in her eyes. She sighed and quickly wiped her eyes, not wanting her friends to find out she was crying. "A-Alright... Let's just... um... search for clues...", said the girl in a cracking voice.

They split up: the two twins and Snotlout, Fishlegs and Astrid.

"You like him?", asked the chubby boy to the blonde girl when they were far enough from the others.
"I... He's my friend...", replied Astrid.
"I know that... But I didn't mean 'like' as in 'friend like', I meant 'like' as in... 'love like'..."
"N-No... I-I... *sigh* I don't know! I mean... It's... complicated, okay?"
"It doesn't look complicated! You both like each other, so... you should be together!"
"*chuckle* Well... *blush and smile*"
"*gasp* You are?! What?! When?!"
"Shhhhh! Don't scream it! It just... happened! But I'm only tell you this because I know you can keep it to yourself..."
"B-Bu-... R-Right! I won't tell anyone. Ooh! I'm so happy for you!"
"*chuckle* Yeah! Well... Wait, what's that?"

She pointed at a shiny object on the ground. They walk towards it and saw it was...

"A sword? *gasp* It must be a dragon hunter sword!", said Fishlegs. She nodded and took a closer look at it. It had a symbol on it, one that she had never seen before.

"Do you know what this is?", asked the girl. "Y-Yes... I think I've seen this before!", replied the boy.

He explained to her that it wasn't a symbol, but an island! He once read a book about the Barbaric Archipelago and saw the exact same figure. He began to draw a big map on the ground. "If we're here, then... the island should be way up here," said Fishlegs, drawing the island on the very top of the ground map.

"Guys! I don't know if it helps, but I found a feather!", screamed Tuffnut from behind a tree. "Tuff, we know where we're going!", shouted Astrid. As they became a group again, she said:

"We're taking a little trip way up there... to the Nordic Seas..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello!!! FINALLY!! It took me 8 days to write a chapter in 2 hours... 2 HOURS!!! I am horrible... Oh well! That's me! This is a very short author's note... Hope you like my book so far! More chapters to come, I promise (planing an doing around 50 chapters, maybe more...)
-Maya's Stories
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~