Chapter 42: The other rider, Part 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quick thing to say. This is a two parter because I thought it would be better for you, my dear readers. Easier to read, so... Yes! Part 1 and 2 coming up. Hope you like it as well as the others!
-Maya's Stories
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hiccup! Wake up it's almost noon!", shouted Astrid from the other side of the door.

What she didn't know was that the rider had been awake since before the sunrise. He had been working on his magnificent plan. He stood up from his desk and walked over to the door. He opened it and dragged Astrid inside.

"Woah! That was... unexpected!", said the girl to herself.

"Come on! I want to show you something!", began the rider, walking over to his desk. "I had to write it down before I forgot! I think I found a solution for our Drago problem!"
"Oh, Hiccup!", sighed the girl.
"Before you get any ideas... Just listen! My dad said that he's a madman and that I can't reason with him... I won't, but..."
"Everytime you say 'but', it goes horribly wrong..."
"But what if we give him what he wants? He's smart. Very smart! I know that! He thinks everything in advance. He knows every of my next move, so I've been thinking... He doesn't know my dad's next move!"
"And you lost me!"
"I just have to think the way my father would, right?! If he can't be reasoned with, then... there's only one option left..."
"Which is..."

"We give him a war!", said the boy, strangely excited.
"A war?! Hiccup, are you crazy?! Do you have any idea how insane that sounds?", replied Astrid.
"No, no! See, we just need dragons!"
"And you want to drag our dragons into this, too?!"
"What?! Of course not! We'll need a lot more dragons if we want to beat Drago!"
"And what if we lose? What then?"
"Astrid. We won't lose! We're a whole village of dragon riders! And with even more dragons, there's no way in Valhalla we lose!"

"Ah... W-Wha-... B-Bu-... Where would we even find new dragons?!", asked the girl.
"That... I... don't... know yet. But! But, right now, we have not one, but two Night Furies! And we have my dad and Gobber's dragons, and they're really massive! So I calculated that..."
"Oh great! You brought math into this!"
"Ha ha. Very funny! Just listen. If every Viking on Berk has one dragon each, we'll only need about one thousand, seven hundred and ninety-six (1796) more!"
"Are. You. Kidding?! That's huge! That's... impossible!"
"Not impossible! Just... un...doable. Yet! We just need the dragons!"
"We?! Sorry, Hiccup, but you're alone on that one!"

"No, no, no! Astrid! I'm begging you! Please!", said the boy, getting down on his knees.
"Mm-mm. No! I won't help you!", replied the girl.
"Astrid. *gets up* I need you. I really need you. I can't do it without you."

The boy looked at her with his puppy eyes. She really can't resist.

"*grunt* Fine! But if we get caught..." "I'll tell everyone I kidnapped you!", interrupted Hiccup. She smiled and kissed him. He gave into Astrid's sweet, sweet lips.

"You are the only thing that's keeping me sane," said the rider in a soft voice.
"So what were you doing for the past 8 years without me?", asked Astrid, sarcastically.
He laughed and hugged her.

"Alright. Alright. What do I have to do?", asked the girl.
"When you saved me from Drago on Glacier Island, I noticed spikes... Ice spikes! They were very far away, but I did noticed them! I had no idea what they were. I've never seen anything like this in my whole life!", explained the rider.
"And you think it's a dragon?"
"Imagine what we could do with a dragon this size!"
"And what size are we talking about?"
"I'm thinking... maybe the size of Berk!"
"Wow! That... can't be real. Hiccup, are you feeling all right?"
"*sigh* Just come with me, will you?"