Chapter 16: Telling the truth

They've been walking for about 2 hours now. Astrid was becoming more and more impatient.

"Where are we going and when are we going to be there?", asked Astrid. "*light chuckle* We're close... Very close actually! It's right there," answered Hiccup, pointing at the cave where he had left Toothless. She grunted out of frustration.

"Alright, before we go in, I just have to tell you... Don't freak out," said the rider. At that moment, Astrid was a little scared. She was in the middle of the forest, 2 hours away from the village, with a complete stranger!

"So, Astrid, I want you to meet T-...", started to say Hiccup, but stopped as soon as he saw his best friend was gone. "Meet who?", said the girl. "W-What!? N-No! H-he was suppose to wait here! *grunt* Stupid, useless... *grunt*", screamed Hiccup. He was suddenly pushed to the wall of the cave by Astrid's axe. His head hit the cold rocks, making Hiccup grunt.

"You really have to stop banging my..."
"Why did you really bring me here?!", said the girl in a very firm voice.
"I wanted to..."
"To what!? Bring me here so you could run away?!"
"No! I would never... Wait, no... I-I would, but not this time. This is different."
"How so?"
"Because... because... Because you're different... Different than any other Viking."
"W-What do you mean?"
"Gobber told me you were the one who said that dragons were just misunderstood..."

Astrid stopped frowning and lowered her axe. Hiccup was relieved. He will live to see another day!

"I think I know where he is. If you follow me, I'll prove to you that I'm not who you think I am... " The girl didn't say anything, she just nodded. Hiccup's only hope was the Cove. It had a small lake with fishes inside and was pretty quiet. Toothless might have been hungry. If he wasn't there, Hiccup would be in a lot of trouble.

They started to walk through the forest. During that time, no one said a word. When they arrived, they started to go down the Cove the same way Hiccup did 8 years ago. His shield was still there! "Ha! A shield!", said the rider. "Yeah. It's always been there. I just left it there...", answered Astrid. They finally got to the bottom of the Cove and found... nothing?

"*grunt* Really?! There's nothing here! I shouldn't have believe you!", screamed Astrid. "Wait no! Y-You can trust me! I swear! It's just that...*small gasp*", began to say Hiccup, but stopped as soon as he saw his dragon on the rock behind Astrid.

"Just that what?! And what are you looking at?!", asked furiously the girl. She around and saw... "*scream* A Night Fury!" She fell backward on the ground and push herself as far away as she could. The dragon jumped off of the rock, but stayed next to it, not to frighten her anymore.

"Toothless! You scared me so much! Don't ever do that again, you understand?!", screamed Hiccup to his friend, running to him to hug his dragon.

"W-Wait! Y-You know him?!"
"Of course I do! He's my best friend..."
"You're the man that was on his tail, weren't you?", asked Astrid, getting up from the ground.

The rider smiled and nodded. "I'm... more than that, actually...", said Hiccup.

She frowned and said: "W-What do you mean, 'more than that'?" He chuckled. Astrid wanted some answers on who he was, so... Why not tell her about his little rescue mission?

"You remember the Northern Markets?" "Well yeah! How could I forge-... Wait... How did you know?" Hiccup just had to look at Astrid for her to understand. "You're the man who rescued our dragons and saved us...", said the girl.

"Do you trust me now?"