Chapter 44: For the Dancing and the Dreaming

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi! SONG CHAPTER!!! Extremely short chapter, but I couldn't write a book about How to Train your Dragon without putting "For the Dancing and the Dreaming" in it!! Right?! Anyways, it's better to read the lyrics while listening to the song (and to the beat). Hope this was a good idea 😅!
-Maya's Stories
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stoick took out his sword, ready for a fight, but found his wife, instead. He immediately dropped it.

"I know I wasn't there for our son, Stoick. But you never listened! And I'm sorry for not being there when I should've! Don't just stand there! Be the Stoick I used to know! Say something! Do something!", shouted Valka.

"You're as beautiful as the day I lost you," answered Stoick, in the softest voice Hiccup had ever heard.

I don't know if you've ever been separated from someone you loved for 23 years, thinking they were dead, but if you don't, I will tell you the appropriate reaction you should have if you do.

Stoick and Valka kissed. A passionate, yet soft kiss.

Valka started to cook, while Stoick whistle a familiar melody. She stopped what she was doing and just listened. "Oh, I love this one!", said Gobber. Hiccup listened carefully.

"Remember our song, Val?", asked Stoick. He gently took her hands and turned her his way. (A/N: Better sync the song to the lyrics now!)

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas, with ne'er a fear of drowning. And gladly ride the waves of life, if you will marry me. No scorching sun, nor freezing cold will-"

"Will stop me on my jour-...-ney! S-Sorry..."

"If you will promise me your heart... And love... *sigh*"

"And love me for eternity. My dearest one, my darling dear, your mighty words astound me. But I've no need of mighty deeds, when I feel your arms around me."

Soon enough, they started dancing.

"But I would bring you rings of gold. I'd even sing you poetry."
"Oh, would you?"
"And I would keep you from all harm. If you would stay beside me."

"I have no use for rings of gold. I care not for your poetry. I only want your hand to hold."

"I only want you near me!"

Hiccup and Astrid soon began to dance.

"To love to kiss, to sweetly hold. For the dancing and the dreaming. Through all life's sorrows and delights, I'll keep your half beside me. I'll swim and sail on savage seas, with ne'er a fear of drowning. And gladly ride the waves of life if you will marry me!"

"Me-eee-e! I'm still goin'... *Hiccup elbows Gobber* I'm done."

Father, Mother, Son. Reunited again...