Chapter 22: No strangers on Berk

"Come with me!", said firmly Stoick. Hiccup looked at Astrid with a bit of fear in his eyes. She knew it was best if she came along. The rider followed Stoick and the girl followed the rider. The chief brought Hiccup to the Great Hall to speak with him... privately.

"Astrid. Wait outside!", he said to her. "It'd be best if she came, actually...", replied Hiccup. The chief just frowned and went inside. The two riders followed.

"Alright... Who are you, really? How did you get up so high? Wh..." "And how did you make this?!", interrupted Gobber, pointing at his suit. "Gobber!", shouted Stoick. "S-Sorry... Continue...", answered the blacksmith. Hiccup took a deep breath and looked at Astrid.

"My name is... Hjalmar and I'm not a hunter. Hunters don't do what I just did. And... I got this high by..." That's where he stopped. He didn't have any explanation as to how he could've gotten so high in the sky!

"I told him he could use one of our dragons! He seemed to get along well with Stormfly, so I just thought..." "You trusted him with our dragons?!", screamed Stoick, interrupting the girl. She looked down in shame and lightly said: "I-I do..." Hiccup felt sad for Astrid... His father had no right to just scream at her like that!

"Oi, Stoick... He's a good boy! He didn't hurt anyone! He's young and so is Astrid... Let them have some fun!", said Gobber in his accent. Hiccup smile at him and mouthed 'thank you'. He nodded and said: "Go to my forge, now... I'll talk to him."

Hiccup and Astrid left and went where Gobber told them to.

"*sigh* Hopefully, Gobber can talk him out of... whatever Stoick's going through...", said Astrid.
"*scoff* Yeah... He doesn't like strangers very much, does he?", asked Hiccup.
"No... Not really..."
"What happened to him, anyway?"
"Well, a few years ago, his son disappeared. He didn't take it well. At first, he thought a dragon took him, but when I showed him that dragons are good, he thought that maybe a hunter did... We don't see strangers anymore..."
"Wow..."
"Yeah. And now you come and nobody knows who you are and you're just... different!"
"Different?"
"A good different! If only they could get to know you, they'd see that you're great! Of course Toothless could help, too! But..."
"*sarcastic laugh* Of course! Very funny Astrid!"

She laughed. If only he could tell her his real name...

"Well! That took a while! Don't worry, um... Hja-... I'll just called ya 'H'! I talked to Stoick and you're good to stay a few more days," explained Gobber. "Thanks Gobber...", said Hiccup in an almost sad voice.

"What is it?", asked Astrid. "Oh, um... Nothing!", answered the rider, giving her a small smile. He couldn't say that he was think about his father! Hiccup had no idea that his father cared about him like that!

If he had known, he would've come back... But it's too late now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! Sorry for short chapter (at least I think it's short...). Shorter than the rest at least! Soon enough
there's gonna be some Hiccstrid moments... I'm looking forward to writing that! IMPORTANT NEWS: I have no idea how many chapter I'm gonna do... I have 3 chapters that I WILL write, after that, I don't know. Only time will tell. Thank you for them views!!
-Maya's Stories
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~