Chapter 16

Amber on the side ⬆️➡️

*.*.*.*Valentina's P.O.V*.*.*.*

Tears flooded my eyes but I didn't dare to blink and make them fall.

"Oh hi Jayden! I'm back and just wanted to say congratulations on the game again!" I chirped with my best fake sarcastic smile.

He pushed Kaley away which looked like with all his strength which made Kaley fall to the ground in the mud.

He took a step towards me, "Let me explain-" he started but I held out my hand which made him stop as I look him straight in the eyes with a hard look.

"Don't worry it's not your fault. I get it. It's my fault actually." I started off with a smile as he stared at me questionably confused.

"It's my fault for trusting you. I shouldn't have and it my fault for thinking I could love again and bringing my hopes up that I could find someone as perfect as you.

"I loved you but obviously you didn't feel the same and I get that. I'm probably a burden to you. So let me make things easier for you."

I said with a hard cold voice as I take off his jersey. "I won't talk to you and you won't talk to me. I'll stay out of your way in school and at your house as you will do the same with me and we won't spare a glance at each other for we are over."

I said taking a step closer with each rule that I announced with my voice raising and becoming colder with each step to wear there isn't any space between us.

I shoved him back with all my strength, pushing his jersey in his chest as well.

He fell down with hurt in his eyes and before he could say anything else I marched off towards my friends without giving him a second glancing but feeling his gaze burning me.

When I knew I was out of eye sight I started to run with the tears that I had been holding in escape and everything became to unwind as I made it behind the bleachers and crashed onto the ground sobbing.

I thought he was the one. I thought I could trust him. He made me feel beautiful again and feel good about myself.

It was as if he was the one holding the world up but now everything became crashing down.

"Valentina?" I heard a familiar voice call but in the state I was in I didn't even care.

I heard multiple footsteps pounding their way towards me getting louder and louder.

"Val what the hell happened?" I heard Sammy cry out.

"Does this have something to do with Jayden? Did he not love you back?" Nichole gasped and I nodded my head numbly wiping my eyes so I could see them more clearly.

"I saw Jayden ki- kissing ka- Kaley" I sobbed and I was wrapped in everyone's arms.

"He did what?!? Oh that dickwad of a bastard won't live to see tomorrow!" Tory roared in rage loudly that I wouldn't be surprised if everyone at the football game heard her.

I was about to object but before I could say anything she marched off and I groaned at her disappearance.

"We were all going to spend the night at Tory's house tonight. Would you like to come?" Dylan asked but his eyes told a different story as if saying,