Chapter 21

*.*.*. Valentina's P.O.V*.*.*.*.*.

I stared at the face full of betrayal and shame. Memories came flooding in that I have been spending years trying to flame away.

My eyes became ice cold, every muscle in me became tensed.

"Where's that little slut you abandoned us for when we needed you most?" I cocked my head. Silence filled the room and I knew chills went up everyone's spines from the coldness of my voice.

"That is no way to talk about your step mom." He scowled and I laughed humorlessly.

"She is no mother of mine. She's dead to me and lays lifeless in the grave next to yours." I snapped and he was taken aback by my answer.

A hand tangled with mine and I looked over to see Jayden. "Not wanting to intrude or anything but what's going on? And why haven't I heard about your dad?"

"Oh funny story. So once upon a time, there was this little girl who had the picture perfect family. I mother and father who loved each other dearly and spent every waking moment with their daughter. The little girl though was so close to her father and would always play with him while mom was busy" I started off not taking my eyes off my dad who looked guilty.

"But as years went on, money became a big problem. But when times get tough, father on my 7th birthday abandoned us." I snapped.

"Oh and you wouldn't even be able to guess why" I laughed coldly.

"To raise a kid with another women that he has been seeing before I was born! A kid he brought to this world two years before I was born, but when times got tough that's when he called it quits and went with his second chance family!"

"And I'm very sorry baby girl!" He pleaded but I held up my hand.

"If you were sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place! We needed you and you left! On my birthday! I was living a lie and you didn't even bother saying good bye! I had to go to school and work several part time jobs to help my mother and 11 years later you show up! Too little too late. Because of you I hate my birthday and on the one birthday that I needed up actually enjoying, you show up? Well here is what I have to say to you. Go fuck yourself." I shouted at him.

Tears started to pool my eyes. I hate him.

He tried to take a step towards me but Caleb stepped in the way. "I think you should leave" he said.

"Is there a reason why you came?" My mother asked and he nodded.

"I think you should meet your half brother." This made me laugh.

"Meet the child who came out of that slut? Yea I'll have to take a pass." I laughed thinking this was all some kind of joke.

He sighed and handed me a piece a paper. "I had a feeling you would say that. Just think about it? The address is on here." He said and walked out.

I looked at the piece of paper. "Pfft" with that I threw it somewhere else and walked up stairs to my room.

"Knock knock?" I heard Luke's voice say through the cracked open door knocking on it a couple times and came in.

"How are you doing?" He asked and I shrugged.

He handed me the paper I threw out and I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.