Torn

Tears prick at my eyes as I watch the scene unfold. Ryan has his arms on her hips and one around her neck pulling them closer. Lia's hands are around his neck and her fingers are threading through his hair.

Bile rises up my throat and my stomach churns. I feel sick and as if my heart has been ripped and trampled all over by a lorry then shredded into dust.

The fact that I actually liked him and maybe loved he makes it hurt even more. Not just that, but he was my first crush and my best friend.

Within all the girls he could have cheated on he chose her. Lia. For fucks sake she's the fake nerd of the school disguised as the low-key slut.

She is the girl that everyone hates.

She is the girl that every boy fucks and gets pleasure from her.

She is the girl that every boy would fuck and act like they don't know her but come to her when they need a distraction or if they feel horny.

More tears slip and my hands begin to shake. It's as if he wants me to see him do this. It's as if he wants me to know that he planned this.

Feeling annoyed, frustrated, angry and broken I turn to leave.

I decide that I wasn't going to confront him as I'm not that cliché bitch. I turn around and bump into someone as my head is down.

"Sorry" I mumble and quickly wipe my tears away. I look up to see Aiden staring at me with shocked and sad eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey what's wrong?" he asks while grabbing my wrist to stop me from leaving.

I shake my head and run away. How I managed to get out of his grip would still be a surprise. I head into the cafeteria and see the group sitting at our usual table. I quickly go to the lunch line and pay for my lunch.

"Hay girl" Macy says while drinking her milkshake.

I don't feel like I want to talk so I just nod my head. This raises a few eyebrows from Ashton, Alec and Macy. I refuse to look at them and Ashton wraps his arm around me.

"I'm not gona ask if you're ok because you will just say 'I'm fine' and that's a lie so... me being the Bae I am I'm going to offer you my chocolate milkshake." He says and my lips twitch lightly upwards.

I look at him and he gives me a small smile.

I shake my head and he frowns.

"Yah, that wasn't a choice" he says and with that he tilts my chin and places the straw in my mouth.

Chocolate. Mmm.

But I'm not in the mood so as soon as the flavour hits my tongue it dies like flame smothering under a heat blanket.

I take a sip and withdraw from his hold so I'm holding the cup. I take a total of 3 sips before I place it on the table and sigh.

I see Ryan enter and search the cafeteria. I avert my gaze and I look down. Ashton and Macy catch onto this and frown.

They look cute together but I don't think I can play matchmaker right now.

Eventually Ryan comes to the table. He sees me and a small wavering smile appears on his face. I check my watch to see I have 5 more minutes left before I have to head to practice.

"Hay baby" he says and sits next to the other side of me. 'Baby' is he serious now. God he's pissing me off.

I look up at him and give a fake smile while muttering a 'hi'

He leans in to kiss me and at the last minute I 'accidently' turn my head. So his lips touch the corner of my mouth instead of my lips. A flash of emotion crosses his face and I don't give two shits. Those lips were kissed with another girl. Those same lips made me go weak in my knees, but it's like poison now.

He's pissing me off now. And pissing me off never ends nicely. Imogen, Ashton and Macy have experience.

"Umm can we talk" he says while nervously scratching his head.

"Yes go on..." I reply.

""uh...privately..." he says while another flicker of emotion passes his face.

"I'm sorry I can't...just say it" I say. Like seriously he is making this worse than it already is. I notice that our group has gone quiet.

"Ok...well...Uh...um...I-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Yes..." I say pissed off and his eyes look almost sad but then it's gone just like that.

"Well...Um...I think we should break up" he says and everyone in the group gasps. I feel Ashton hold my hand and tightening his hold.

He's done it now.

Any hope I had that what I say maybe was a mistake or something else is thrown out of the window.

If my heart was crushed before it was nothing and nowhere near what I feel right now.

"Yah sure, whatever" I say and get up. I grab the lunch I bought and since I lost my appetite I get up and head over to the bin ad chuck it. I turn around and see Ryan open his mouth then close it.

I grab my gym bag and head to the exit. I stop and turn around to see Ryan's face. His face holds so much emotion. Pain? Sorrow? Guilt? Anger? ... I don't know and I don't care.

"Oh and Ryan...don't break Lia ...and don't cheat on her" I say while plastering a fake smile. He opens his mouth then closes it, twice.

A few tears brim in my eyes and I blink them back to avoid them from spilling.

I head out of the cafeteria and enter the changing rooms. I take my outfit off and change into a black top, black leggings and my converse shoes. I tie my hair into a high ponytail and spray some deodorant before I head out on the field.

I see Coach and he tells us to stretch. I spot Aiden and he looks angry. I quickly look away and when I hear the whistle I run. The practice consists of 4 laps today.

I run, the adrenaline pumping hard in my body. He did it. He broke me. The fact that we were best friends and he lied. I trusted him and he shattered me. I run and can hear a faint shouting and whistles but I don't stop. I can't stop.

Tears brim my vision and I feel like throwing up. My whole insides hurt and I feel like I'm fading.

Another whistle is heard but I can't stop. I see someone run along me and shouting at or soothing me. But I can't hear them, I can't hear or feel anything.

Tears run freely and I know I have escaped. Running and music has always been my escape to the world. My mind spins but I continue running. I feel someone tap me on the shoulder but my legs continue running.

I feel someone stop me and pull me over. I look up to see a panting Aiden with concern written all over his face. His face is flustered from running.

I'm panting and breathing.

I look up into his eyes to see them full of concern and worry "Aiden..."

Is all i manage to say before black dots start to cover my vision...

Ok I know this chapter is short but I had to post something. But just wait till the next chapter.

Until then x