Prologue

"Each and every animal on earth has as much right to be here as you and me."

☆☆☆

I woke up at 4 am as every other normal day to feed my animals. I got up from bed and ran to my bathroom. I try to not wake my aunt and uncle up, but it's hella difficult. They wake up from every sound they hear, thinking it's an intruder.

My aunt once even slapped me with a bat, thinking I was going to steal my own bra. She slapped so hard that I lost consciousness for over 2 days. While I lay in bed, half dead, no one cared for my animals. They were also half dead. I don't want to repeat that ever again.

    MY POOR ANIMALS!

After I took a quick shower I brushed my teeth and put on my overall. I don't want my hair to get in the way so I made two quick hair braids.

    I finally can go feed my animals!

You might know by now, I have a farm. I live in this little village miles away from New York, where all my friends are. My aunt and uncle are the one who raised me since I was a little kid. I'm the only one from my friends who didn't go to New York to continue my studies or work there. It's not because I don't have the money, but more because I'm not interested in becoming rich.

I don't believe in making money, but more in making happiness. I'm already happy here in this little village. Of course I still speak with by old friends, but only by calling. I don't have any social media platform nor do I want it.

It's already  9 am and I'm now eating my breakfast, eggs with bread. I hear my aunt coming down the stairs and check the clock again. Wait! I'm not dreaming? She's really up?

    "Faye!"

    "Yes, auntie." I respond with my mouth full of eggs.

    "I woke up by an irritating sound and guess what it was? Your old phone. Pleas darling, change your ringtone. If I hear it one more time, I'm going to hurl it out my window."

Ohw, so that's the reason she's up so early. She normally comes down the stairs around 2 pm when I've done every chore. She will complain each time that it's her house so she needs to clean it but I still insist to do it myself.

I run up the stairs leaving my breakfast behind, knowing that my aunt is going to eat it all. I pick up my phone, my 15 year old phone. It's a Nokia a model that you find in the year 2001. I know that you just can call with it but I love it. It's simple like me and I don't need more.

    "Hello, you speak with Faye." I greet the other person on the line.

    "Faye!" An all too familiar voice speaks out.

    "LIZZIE BEAR!" I scream out the phone.

With that people meet Elizabeth Venice one of the best journalist in the whole world. She works for the most famous gossip magazine 'Gloss-lipz'. It's hard to imagine but she once was a normal girl who grew up in this little village before she became so successful. I'm so proud of her, even if I didn't achieve it.

    "Wow, you're still so enthusiast to hear me as always? Are you still so single as hell?" She laughs over the phone.

    "Why do you speak like it's a bad thing?" I ask her a little confused.

    "It isn't a bad thing but more like a shock that you haven't had a single boyfriend. How? You were the most beautiful girl in our village. I don't understand why you didn't come to New York like everyone else did, you could be an actress or model by now." She rambles everything out in one breath.