Living together (18)

"Sometimes home has a heartbeat."

☆☆☆

My heartbeat fastens immediately out of fear and utter confusion. This building is one of the safest. Liz would never send me to an apartment which has burglars coming in.

'Keep your hands from my man.'

Which man?

Deep inside I already knew the answer... Mason. There are only 2 guys whom I've contact with Nate and Mason. It could never be Nate.

Who even wants him?

    That drama llama.

"Princess, you should go and look if there's something important missing", Mason says in his deep velvety voice. There is some anger laced within it. I can feel his body shake slightly, trying to hold himself in control.

I take steps in my completely destroyed apartment. Everything lays on the ground. My precious pictures of my farm, aunt, uncle and friends are all scattered to pieces.

A shaky breath leaves my mouth. I enter my bedroom and perceive everything being a mess.

Something comes up in my mind. My eyes widen. I run to my bed,lifting my pillow up. A sigh leaves my mouth when I see that it's still there.

Thank God.

"Is it something precious to you?", Mason asks behind me, seeing my utter relief.

I turn around, meeting his metallic grey eyes, bright as the moon. I could feel his beast on the surface of being released.

I peek under my eyelashes, chewing on my lower lip, feeling suddenly nervous.

"Actually", I begin to speak in a soft voice, feeling all too shy. My heart begins to pound a bit faster in my chest. "I saw this in a vintage store and bought it for you."

Mason's eyes pop out in surprise. The first seconds pass by in silence, leaving a strong tension in the air. Before a loud chuckle leaves his throat.

    How can a simple chuckle sound so delicious?

The most captivating smile breaks on his face. His bright white teeth and lovely dimple appear out.

Gulp.

"Your place has just been destroyed and this is the first thing you think about", he mocks me in his lovely velvet voice, tracing his finger down my cheek. The places where his finger makes contact with my skin, leaves little fireworks behind. My cheek immediately burns under his touch.

"You make me forget, princess. You bring peace to my heart and calm me", he spoke out, looking in some kind of trance. His eyes in their metallic grey color look dreamily, so mesmerizing.

My lips curve up into a wide smile. I can't resist the temptation of smiling every time I see him looking so cute and jubilant.

I take a hold of his soft hand, bringing it closer to me. His soft gaze rests on my face, following every move I made.

I packed the bracelet out of the little bag, putting it around his arm. After bringing it on I pulled his hand right in front of my eyes, admiring the bracelet I bought. It was made out of black beadles and in the middle was a head of a lion.

"You're my lioness", I still remember his words from in the zoo as if it were yesterday.

I get engulfed by two strong muscular arms, taking me by shock. His mouthwatering smell of chocolate and mint surround me, making me sigh in content. His warmth completely surrounds my whole body, making my skin burn.