Breaking point (5)

"We all have a breaking point; but thankfully, we are provided with a turning point as well."

☆☆☆

Typing... typing... typing.

I was sitting on Mason's lap while he was doing some business related work on his Notebook.

The phone was ringing for the 9th time. I looked at him with a frown -confused to why he didn't pick up the phone.

My head nuzzled into his neck, craving the warmth of his body.

Dark chocolate and mint.

His smell still has the same soothing effect on me.

Ring ring... Ring ring... Ring ring..

The phone went off again. He sighed out in frustration. I peeked through my lashes, seeing pure boiling anger  portrayed on his face.

He finally answered the phone.

"What?", he snapped bitingly, making me cringe back scared.

He kisses the crown of my head, softly murmuring endless apologies.

     "M-Mason", the shaking voice of Carla louded in the air. "We're worried about you."

Mason only breathed heavily. He gritted his teeth, trying to hold himself back.

He was tightly holding the phone, so tight that his knuckles turned white. I wouldn't have been surprised if it shattered in his palms.

"We don't.... Mike..", there was some shuffling in the background before the deep manly voice from his father spoke. "Son," he greeted shortly, his voice almost as shaky as his wife, "we don't think this is a great idea. You should divorce her. She doesn't love you. She literally used y..."

     "STOP", Mason abruptly interrupts his father. "Fuck stop"

He takes a deep breath in pain. His eyes were tightly shut.

      "Never. Never", he growls out dangerously. He looked so scary as if he were to beat someone to pulp.

Mason hung off, instantly nuzzling his nose in my hair. His whole body was shaking in pure fumes.

Never? He won't ever let me go. The thought made me tremble in fear... not for me, but for him.

Neither of us was living. This had to come to an end.

He needs serious help.

I had made a plan. Every time we took a walk on the beach a boat caught my interest. Some guards stood there. They've seen how I was held captive here... maybe they could help me escape.

I know that Mason is deep asleep between 2-3 am. It takes a lot to wake him up. The perfect time.

I'm sorry, but tonight it will happen.

I'll run away from this and get Mason some help.

☆☆☆
(Listen to the song above!!)

I stared at the ceiling. I hadn't caught any sleep yet.

The clock was ticking, soft breathing of an asleep Mason sounded next to me. I rolled out of the bed, trying to make as little sound as possible.

His phone laid on the nightstand. I took it, checking the clock... 2.45 am.

This was the moment. My heart was racing. I didn't want to leave him, but this was the right thing to do.

If I get caught now there's a chance that I'll never get out of this, that he would never let me go and that he will stay broken like this.