Epilogue (39)

"He stole my heart so let me steal his last name."

☆☆☆

FAYE JACKSON'S POV

I stared right in front of me, forest green eyes staring back at me... for some reason they looked all so familiar, but at the same time I couldn't recognise them anymore.

Have I lost my mind?

There was a glimmer of pure joy and excitement hidden behind those big orbs, but most of all there was madness and craze... it was the silence before the storm.

The girl who sat behind the mirror was paler than I had remembered, she looked sick, like she had been suffering for months only now facing the consequences of being ill. Big dark under eye bags were dominating her features, bags that she couldn't remember having.

She blinked once and then twice, following my every move.

She couldn't escape, she was trapped inside this mad world... in her own living hell.

My hands reach out, trying to touch the girl in an attempt to comfort her, but my fingers are only met with the cold glass of the mirror.

The reality suddenly comes crashing down as a heavy weight.

      That's me?

I couldn't believe it... where has that once bubbly girl gone?

I've lost my happiness along the way, trying to please others... but where has my own will gone?

I can't do this anymor-

"YO, FAYE WAKE THE FUCK UP, YOU CRAZY FOOL!"

BAM!!!

I jump off my chair from the ear shrieking voice of.... who could it be other than our lovely Elizabeth Venice.

Auwchhh! I almost want to cry, my bum hurts so badly. I rub my bum, getting helped pulled up by two friendly girls inside the changing room.

"Thank you", I smile at them forcefully, clenching my teeth from the feeling of my soon to be bruise.

I instantly turn my head around, almost snapping my neck in process... well it's worth it to send my stinky glare to the woman standing behind me.

She had a nasty grin plastered on her magnificent features. She looked like the goddess of calamity, ready to start a war with whomever coming in her way.

Upon first sight she would seem like a strong woman, but I knew that behind that vile face was a very warm person.

Elizabeth Venice, my best friend of over an eternity. If I would tell anyone that I had seen her panic over her losing her favorite pen would probably be a shocker for everyone.

I know that she has a heart of pure gold, even when she never shows it. She even cried during 'Nemo' and the most important part of all is that....

       she would always protect me.

My glare completely vanishes only being replaced by a soft smile, dancing around my lips.

"You're creepy, Faye", Liz laughs, shaking her head multiple times.

I slightly pout a bit, making her smile widen. She seemed very cheerful today.

     "By the way, who even sleeps an hour before their own wedding?", she goes on rambling in a stern tone.

I look down at my fingers, I'm tired, the big dark bags were the prove of it. Although I had enough sleep I couldn't help, but be mentally exhausted.