straight SAVAGE (10)

"I need you, the reader, to imagine us, for we don't really exist if you don't." - Vladimir Nabokov.

☆☆☆

     'Little cupffee'

That was the name of the place I remain.

I was sitting in a coffeeshop, smiling politely, thanking the girl who just brought my cup of tea.

She wore a strong perfume that smelled like detergent and bleach which made me gag. Girl, calm down with the toilet water.

My stomach made a 180 degrees turn which made me even more nauseous, was it the stress or..... pregnancy?

My hands immediately found my stomach, softly rubbing comforting circles.

Liz and I had agreed to meet up here at this little coffeeshop at 10 am.

My eyes darted to the big clock hanging on the wooden wall which ticked heavily, filling the room with its loud ticks. I tapped my foot onto the floor, licking my dry lips.

I got taken out of my trance when the chair in front of me moved, making me look up, seeing the figure of no one other than.... Elizabeth Venice.

She took a place in front of me, placing her handbag on the chair next to her before finally resting her gaze on me.

Our eyes met at last. Her big brown eyes dug into my green ones. She looked stunning. Her straight long black hair was neatly combed. She had light natural make up on: mascara, concealer and some sheer eyeshadow.... and of course her trade mark, the bright red velvety lipstick.

She looked professional as if she were about to interview an important person to get a scoop... but it was the contrary.

She was here meeting me, a non important person... neither to her nor society, trying to discuss something still unknown to me.

Everyone around us were looking at the scene. The whole country... heck, the whole world knows our face as the mastermind and the betrayer who hurt the ruthless billionaire.

     "Goodmorning, Faye", she smiled brightly, straightening her back.

I only bit my lips in silence. What unfinished business does she have with me?

     "How have you been? The last time we had seen each other was when mr. William took you away in the club", she states, stopping for a second to gauge my mood. "Has he hurt you? How did he react that you want a divorc-"

"I don't want a divorce", I bit back on gritted teeth.

Instantly after those words have left my lips I remain completely flabbergasted from my irritated tone. I've never been so... mean. AM I A MEAN GIRL IN THE MAKING???

OH HELL NOOOO!

I wasn't the only one in shock... even Liz couldn't hide the astound.

She quickly recomposes herself, ticking her red acrylic nails on the table as if she were annoyed.

"Why, Faye? You know he is a bad person. He doesn't deserve you at all. You should have left and filed for a divorce the day he knew the truth... the day the whole world knew the truth. There's no real love between you both."

"Fuck, stop. Stop trying to ruin Mason, my relationship, my life... my everything."

"It wasn't meant to go this far. I swear", she whispers softly.

"Wasn't it now? Like I said, I can't blame it completely onto you, it is also partly my fault. But you... Urgh, leave it", I rub my face aggressively in utter annoyance.