Perfect world (4)

"Maybe in a parallel universe I could be happy with you."

☆☆☆

Mason's (beast) POV

My arms snuggle closer around her tiny waist. The warmth of both our bodies together calmed my racing heartbeat down.

She's safe now. Safe with me.

I can't let her go. I. Can. Not.

"Auwch", she winces softly, making me tighten my hold in panic. I feel myself losing control.

My heartbeat fastens again. My princess is in pain. Is she okay?

A princess can not be hurt.

Never.

I turn her around so her angelic facet faces me. My eyes worriedly suspect hers.

She looked down at my arms, before begging with her eyes.

I finally understood it. My grip on her loosened a bit, making her sigh out in relief.

     Fuck. I hurt her.

I wanted to slap myself in the face, slam my head into a wall or stab my arm with a knife so I could see the fresh blood running out of my wound.

No, those punishments aren't enough for what I just did to her.

I should put myself on fire.

My thoughts get interrupt by a small hand cupping my face.

She shook her head, in an attempt to calm me down. She knows me.

She knows me best.

She's home, my home.

I kiss her forehead, as a goodnight kiss before snuggling my nose in her chest.

I feel safe and warm here. I'm loved.

☆☆☆

I'm deep asleep when I feel someone softly pinching my side, making me alert.

My eyes open up, the once sleepy haze completely vanished.

     Princess?

I look to my right and immediately calm down.

She was kneeling on the bed right next to me. She fiddled nervously with our white silky blanket. She was biting her lower lip, looking innocently with her big forest green orbs at me.

She finally mouthed softly:"toi-let."

In no time I had her scooped up in my arms, carrying her to the bathroom.

Arriving there I put her down to the ground before, walking to the door. I let my princess do her thing.

I didn't close the door. It wasn't safe. I would rather look at her, but I knew she would get embarrassed. My princess wants her privacy so I turn my back.

When I finally hear that she finished I then scoop her back up, safe in my arms before tucking her back in our bed.

I plop beside her, smothering her face in millions of soft kisses.

"I love you. I love you so much, princess. You're my life. My reason to live", I whispered kiss after kiss.

I never want to see her in pain again.