Break in? Kind of (7)

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."

☆☆☆

"... so by breaking in you will be able to talk to him without getting kicked out. He will HAVE to talk to you."

CLICK.

Nate touched the computer screen to change the PowerPoint slide to the next one.

"HERE", he points to a picture from Google Earth. "We will be parked here so no one notices something suspicious."

I clear my throat, trying not to fall asleep from his whole speech that has been going on for over 2 HOURS!

OHHH MYYYYY.

"... or I could just walk up to him and talk", I state nonchalantly.

"Or I cOuLd JuSt WaLk Up To HiM aNd TaLk?", he imitates me before, dropping on his knees with his head in his palms like some dramatic Shakespeare act.

"Faye", he sighs out. "I have been stalking him for the last week for yo-"

"STALK HIM?", I gasp. That explains why he was always gone. He never told me to where... well not that I actually ever asked.

"Yeah, yeah. He only goes to his office every other day, other than that he only stays in his mansion. How are you going to talk to him? In his office??? You know that the building is surrounded with journalists every day, trying to get an interview or scoop with him."

He stops talking for a second, looking right into my eyes. "I doubt that you'll get to talk to him."

CLICK!

He touched his screen, switching the slide.

"I'll be waiting.... here and you go inside through the-"

A thought suddenly popped up in my head.

"Well maybe I could just call Sierra and ask her to set a meeting up with Maso-"

He abruptly cuts me off.

"FAYEEE, I NEED SOME ACTION IN MY LIFE. JUST FOLLOW MY PLAN."

I almost break into laughter from his edge of a breakdown.

"Nathan, what do you think this is? Some cheesy Wattpad story?", I snicker at the thought.

Lol, imagine.

"This will be so THRILLING", he rejoice in ecstasy, jumping up and down like a 5 year old on Christmas.

"So you want me to break in?", I ask confused.

"Kind of", he responds with big, innocent puppy eyes. "Please, Faye. He will have to talk to you."

I take a deep breath. I don't really know what to do. I'm scared shitless. What if he is really done with me?

I've kept up with Carla. She told me that Mason is back the same way. I should let him go. She doubts that he would ever want me back again.

But... HELL NO, I won't give up on him without trying.

I'm determined I will try.

My mind suddenly switches to something else...

      "Nathan?", I turn my head to a 22 year old Nate who was rolling on his back.

     Wait, what the actual fudge is he doing??

     "What?", he snapped, looking innocently. "My back was just itching."