Chapter 2: Nishiba

Everything was black, silent. My head was throbbing. Opening my eyes, everything was a blur of white and tan colors that blended together like oily water. Blinking a couple more times, my vision cleared up slowly. My body felt heavy like gravity was sucking me down to Earth as if I was a magnet. I tried moving my head slowly to see where I was. From what I could see I was laying on a tan and white bed inside a large bedroom that looked modern. I saw two doors, one was open and I could see part of the shower, I guess that's a bathroom. Where the hell was I? Panic began seeping through me as I remembered what happened, I was grabbed and drugged.

My heart rate racing, I tried to lift my arm but it was too heavy to move. My body was filled with grogginess and exhaustion. My body wasn't coming back from that drug injection well.

Thud, thud, thud.

A knock at the door startled me, making me jump and tense up, my body started sweating with fear. All I could do was stare towards the door, wide-eyed in panic. I couldn't move, my body wouldn't function right. I couldn't escape out of the window if I tried. The door creaked open as a man entered the room.

The man's features became clearer as he closed the distance between us. I could feel a bead of sweat fell from my forehead. What does he want? money? Is this some kind of trafficking for sex-slavery? Why not just kill me? I panicked with a dozen scenes going through my head. I watched him intently as he sat down beside me on the bed, he looked oddly familiar but I couldn't place him.

"Hello Lillith, I am Zayden. We met briefly the other night at the bar," his voice gentle with a hint of an accent.

Not what I expected from a kidnapper, but I didn't trust him. If he was harmless there are better ways to meet someone. Drugging someone and kidnapping them was far from innocent.

"Wh-wha-what?" I croaked, but my voice weak and my mouth felt numb.

Zayden looked down at his feet, his expression blank. The odd position made him look like a boy thinking about the world. He looked back over at me with a sympathetic smile. Why the fuck would he smile sympathetically? He's a kidnapper. I wanted to reach out and punch him in the face if only I could move.

"I know this is all very confusing but everything will soon be clear to you. I assure you that you are not in any kind of danger here. If I were to leave you where you were living you would have been killed," his tone remaining soft.

That made no damn sense. I could feel multiple beads of sweat rolling off my forehead, my sides were drenched. He was a psychopathic liar.

His face no longer held an expression of any kind as if he is a professional at keeping his emotions and thoughts from being seen when he didn't want to expose them.

"I will leave you to rest. Your head should clear up soon and I, or Ryuu, will come back to fetch you. Do not worry, Ryuu is a kind gentleman," Zayden's voice was gentle as he gave me a smile before lifting himself off the bed and walking out of the bedroom, closing the door.

I let out an exhale, realizing I was holding my breath. I relaxed slightly, knowing that right now I was alone, and if I am alone I am temporarily okay. Slowly, my eyelids got heavy and I started to drift into darkness.

---

"Lillith. It is time to go. Lillith." A man's voice called my name eagerly with a thick accent. Hands were on my shoulders shaking me gently. Snapping my eyes open, I took a huge gasp of air as I realized where I was. Kidnappers! My eyesight clearing up much more quickly than earlier.