Chapter 4: A Dream

"The Darkmoon Pack is full of fearless werewolves, and their intentions are mostly evil..." Zayden paused until he knew I was calm again. "Nishiba has three groups united. Two werewolf packs and one witch coven. Your mother was a half-breed. She was a daughter to the Queen of the witch coven, the strongest witch in the world, but she had an intimate relationship with a werewolf from one of the werewolves in our packs. He was from the second most powerful family in our society," he paused, looking at me warily.

"So does that mean I am evil? A-am I a witch or werewolf?" I stumbled over my words, feeling shocked and in disbelief.

How can any of this be true? These are fairy tales. I kept taking deep breathes to remain calm, so I could listen without making assumptions. My father did write about all this as if it were real, was he crazy? Or was I just in denial?

"You are a legend. Something that has never occurred in the world before now. You are both werewolf and witch. You are both evil and good. The combination made between your parents and the fact that your mother did a ritual for you, allowed you to possess beyond imaginable powers. You can either save the world or destroy it. Not even the Darkmoon Queen would go against you once you know how to control your magic. That is why we must keep you safe because she will come and try to kill you before you realize how much power you have."

"Why? What is the difference between me being alive or dead?" I began fiddling my thumbs from nervousness.

"The Darkmoon Pack is set on removing any good in this world. They also do not want us having more than them, and you are very powerful. If you were to marry someone from our community, your children will also be powerful, and it will continue to make generations of power and our community will be undefeatable. Your mother wanted this, and she wanted you to be safe."

Zayden looked uncomfortable. Watching me closely. If I had so much power, why couldn't I stop my parents from dying when I was fourteen?

"Another reason Queen Amelia wants you dead is that she was hurt by her husband's betrayal..." he trailed off and looked at me intensely. "she murdered your mother and sworn she would find you and kill you too."

I felt angry. How could someone be so revengeful? I also felt scared. If this were true, then being kidnapped wasn't what I had to worry about, it would be Queen Amelia. Yet I cannot even decide what to believe in.

"What happened to my father?" I asked with a hint of sadness in my voice. I don't even know the guy, but I was curious.

"Nobody knows. After your mother was murdered by the Queen, he took you and disappeared. He wrote to my father about your whereabouts and since then my father has had people looking after you discreetly. No one has ever seen or heard from your father since." Zayden glanced down at the ground, sighing before looking back at me.

"So..." I paused. Hesitant to ask the question that has been nagging at me since I woke up here in the castle the first day. "Why did you kidnap me? Instead of trying to talk about it with me first?"

Zayden looked at me with sad eyes. He looked extremely uncomfortable as his hands fidgeted.

"I'm sorry Lillith. I know that was the wrong way to go about everything but I was under orders to do so."

"Under orders?" I stared at him in denial. "Under orders by who?"

"The King. My father."

"Oh."

"I tried to get him to go about another way but he wouldn't listen. I cannot disobey my fa-king" I noticed he quickly changed the word he was about to say. I had a feeling his father was more of a King to him then a father.