Chapter 9: Electric Dance

Sitting in a chair at the dining table, Zayden and I finished eating some fruit and barbecued ribs. Ironic. It was like he read my thoughts earlier. He made the food for us along with some delicious dark chocolate fudge brownies. Sitting there at the table, my stomach was aching from being too full causing me to not want to move. I didn't want to go back out and train. I just wanted to relax for the rest of the day.

"How did you learn to bake?" I tried filling in the awkward silence.

I always found men who knew how to cook or bake more appealing than those who didn't. They always seemed more genuine and thoughtful. Plus, I wasn't big on cooking so I always knew my significant other would need to enjoy cooking sometimes.

"My mother taught me, she taught me to cook too. I was interested in cooking and baking, unlike my other siblings," he explained as he got up and started grabbing candles out of a cupboard.

Opening the fridge, he reached in and grabbed a champagne bottle. "We are going to celebrate, my Princess Lillith has gotten halfway through her training," his voice was filled with excitement.

"Halfway through my training?" My draw dropped.

Was he serious? I was already halfway done?

"Well. You have been working hard and I have seen tremendous improvement. So we are going to drink that champagne and dance," he said happily while walking around confidently.

He pulled out something from one of the cabinets and started setting it up. I realized it was a record player as he put a huge disc into the machine. Lovely music began playing. Tunes from back in the old days.

He walked over to the champagne bottle. Groovy and happy as he poured us two glasses. The champagne was clear gold and the bubbles made it shine like glitter. He handed me a glass and I gently grabbed it from him.

"Cheers!" Zayden raised his glass; I raised my glass to his in return.

Ching!

The cups chimed against one another.

"Cheers, Zayden," I replied with a smile I could not hold back.

Having him look so happy and fun was refreshing. It reminded me of my normal life back at home. I took a sip of my champagne. The flavor was a little bitter but fruity and light. I could feel the heat burn my throat slightly as I swallowed it down.

"Zayden. If I am both werewolf and witch, why have I never turned into a wolf?" I asked curiously.

The question came across my mind as I thought about the werewolf and witch books I have been reading over. Zayden's eyebrows furrowed together as he thought deeply about it.

"Werewolves generally have their first turn on their 13th birthday. Our werewolf packs can change when we choose. Except on a full moon, then we must turn. The full moon is in five days and I should have gone over this earlier..." he trailed off, staring at the ground. Lost in his thoughts.

"Is something wrong with me then?" I prodded.

Curiosity and insecurity were causing me to feel anxious as a knot formed in my chest. My breathing became difficult. I was twenty-two years old which meant that maybe I couldn't shift?

"No, no, no. Nothing is wrong with you. I think having the blood of a witch is affecting the werewolf part. Maybe you control when you change at all times," he looked up at me with a reassuring smile.

"Not to worry Princess, we will have more answers soon but for now we are celebrating!" He exclaimed as he grabbed the champagne bottle and poured us another glass. Making me giggle a little at his excitement.

After drinking the whole bottle of champagne and talking about general things Zayden got up and held out his hand towards me, bowing. I swear, with the romantic gestures this man gives sometimes I am surprised he isn't married already.

"May I have this dance, my lady?" his voice was deep and husky while he held a silly smile on his face.

My cheeks immediately heated up into a blush. I couldn't help myself. I wanted to get lost in this moment. This moment was by far the best time I had since I have been here. I wanted to finally relax and feel normal again for a bit.

"I would love to dance," I placed my hand into his. Deciding that I deserve to take a chance, nothing harmful has happened to me yet.

Feeling the softness and warmth radiating from his skin; my smile widened so big that my cheeks ached. I could feel the electric tingles beginning to resonate within me where we had physical contact.

He took me to the living room where there was plenty of space between the furniture, putting his free hand on my lower back. His hand radiating heat up my spine like the sun absorbing into rocks. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

His other hand held my hand in the most romantic way. My palms were sweaty from nervousness, and slight fear, which was beyond embarrassing. I placed my free hand on his shoulder awkwardly. Unsure if what I was doing was okay for either of us.

Removing his hand off my back, he pushed me gently outward, spinning me and catching me. A squeal escaped me as I feared of being spun out of control. He just grinned as I tried following his lead because I had no idea how to dance. What if he thinks I am pathetic for not knowing how to dance? Why do I care so much about what he thinks? Damnit. I had to be honest with myself, I was deeply attracted to this man no matter how much I tried to deny or ignore it.

Feeling his presence so close. His body heat drawing me towards him like an addiction. My mind was spinning from the closeness. Why was this giving me such a high? Spinning me around again and holding me closer this time when he caught me. He leaned over, making me tilt back as he held me, my leg relaxing on his side, romantically. The feeling of his breath was calming and our eyes locked. It was like he was holding me in a trance. Every muscle in my body felt paralyzed. Preventing me from looking away or moving as my heart raced.

His outside hand laid right above my hip which caused heat to shoot up my body like fire on gasoline. He squeezed a little and slowly slid his hand up. It made me feel so exhilarated as I remained frozen. My breath quivering with nervousness and excitement. His hand stopped right below the point of my breast. Everything felt as if it was slow motion. He smiled then pulled me up quickly so I was standing again.

His hand moved to my cheek as he pulled me close to him, leaning in and hovering his lips over mine. I have never felt so attracted to a man before. The temptation to kiss was almost unbearable. Then he spun me out and stopped me while holding my hand, bowing.

"That, my Princess, was a dance," his charming grin never leaving his face as he pressed his lips gently on the top of my hand.

Electric tingles shot up my arm, making my stomach flutter with butterflies. He was probably the most romantic man I have ever met in my life and I knew I was already falling for him.