Chapter 20: Hail the Queen

[Lillith's POV]

My skin felt cold as I laid against a hard surface. A grunt escaped as I became conscious, blinking open my eyes as I tried to clear my vision. Pulling myself up, I was surrounded by a dark cell made of the cement floor and brick walls. Metal bars blocked the only entrance, there were no windows.

"Ryuu?" I whispered.

Hoping he would be in a nearby cell if there were any. My heart began racing as panic filled my senses. Everything was completely silent, too silent. I gathered my strength, standing up to walk over to the door. Realizing I was completely naked which made me feel completely exposed and vulnerable. Even though it sounded like nobody was around. I peaked out of the bars the best I could. There was a dark hall aligned with endless amounts of cells. My stomach flipped in fear, I had no idea where I was or who was here.

"Ryuu?" my voice a little too loud from the panic.

A booming growl echoed off the walls. I whimpered and sunk back to the corner of my cell. I was not the only one here, and the other werewolf did not sound friendly. Shink! A door open down the hall somewhere. Footsteps approached my cell, with every step my heart beat faster and harder. I could barely breathe, the panic was suffocating me. I sat down, legs positioned and crossed so nothing private was showing and I wrap my arms around my legs to try and hide more.

A slim, tall, black-haired lady appeared in front of the cell followed by a younger petite brunette along with short, stocky men that looked odd. Something was off about their appearance, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I looked at the tall lady, assuming she was in charge. She gave me a cold smile. The type of smile that you know is fake.

"Hello, my dear, dear, Lillith. It has been a long time," her tone taunting.

"W-who are you?" I stuttered, cursing myself for being so fearful.

"I am your mother Lillith, I am Queen Amelia Petrov. I have come to claim what is rightfully mine," she spoke with venom.

She nodded at one of the men. He hurried forward, unlocking that cell door and opening it. Queen Amelia walked in towards me and leaned down to make sure we were eye-level. She wasn't my mother, I thought, but her facial features said otherwise. I couldn't react, I was shocked.  She wasn't my mother, I thought again.

Zayden said she killed my mother. My mother was the daughter of the Nishiba Witch Coven Queen. Then why did Queen Amelia look almost exactly like me? I gasped shallowly, trying to get air in my lungs again.

"Now you have a choice darling," she reached her hand out, brushing my cheek gently. I flinched away slightly, but she ignored it.

Her hand felt cold but oddly soft. Something about her touch was familiar.   

"Lead beside me and your sister Rose and take your rightful place on the throne, or you can stay the second princess and let that bitch Jessie be your Queen," she smirked.

Snapping her fingers, a man came up to us, handing out neatly folded clothes towards me. I grabbed them cautiously, glancing at Queen Amelia as she just stared at me. Her eyes showed no emotions, it unnerved me, sending chills down my spine.

"C-can I get some privacy?" I stuttered, trying to break the awkward yet frightening staring as I held onto the clothes.

"Why of course! We will come to get you in a few minutes and we will discuss this more over a proper meal," Queen Amelia enthusiastically got up and walked out.

A man locked up the cell again. After I got a better glimpse of his face, I realized why he looked odd. His eyes were pure black like a demon-possessed him. I felt trapped like her words were not really a choice but more of a demand to rule beside her. I doubt she would let me go back alive.