Chapter 28: Lost

The path seemed to never end. Every ruin looked the same in every direction. I was beginning to feel worried that the path was affected by these ruins. A glimpse of a dark figure flashed through the fog making me freeze.

"Did you see that?" I whispered back to Ryuu whose eyes were dead-set on the path we were following.

"What?" he asked, not lifting his gaze.

I shifted my feet a little, feeling uncomfortable that he didn't care about anything but making sure the path never left his gaze.

"Nothing," I continued following the path.

I saw a dark figure flash through the fog again.

"Hello!" I yelled out.

"Shh! No one can know we are here" Ryuu snapped.

Once again, his eyes did not move away from that damn path. I heard footsteps running fast, the dark figure coming directly at us.

"Ryuu!" my voice shook in fear as I stepped back into him.

He held me from walking back further, finally lifting his gaze and he growled. A growl that made everything around him rumble. The figure coming at us skidded to a stop. It was close enough that I could see it was a wolf. A beautiful golden brown coat that looked so familiar. His deep brown eyes masked in pain and fiery.

"Zayden?" I whispered.

He cocked his head, whining and then took a few steps closer. I could feel Ryuu's body stiffen, but he said nothing as Zayden slowly walked forward. Trying to not get too distracted, I glanced at the path, frowning. I could easily see it was beginning to fade a little.

"We must hurry, the path is fading" I pointed.

Zayden looked where I pointed and then back at me, leaning his head to the side, confused.

"He can't see it" Ryuu spoke softly, "follow us Zayden, we are getting out of here," his voice back to the normal man that was close to Zayden.

I stiffly began walking, trying to be quick as a glanced back to make sure no one got lost behind me. I started to jog as the path became more faded, barely visible. I listened to everyone's footsteps. They were all there so I picked up the speed a little bit more. The path was almost invisible now. Breaking out in a full on run, the fog finally dissipated and the ruins were no longer surrounding us.

I stopped, turning around to see Ryuu and Zayden right behind me with panic stricken expressions. The fog behind them finally. I couldn't help but smile as my body filled with relief.

"We made it!" I exclaimed, "we fucking made it!"

I jumped up to hug Ryuu with so much enthusiasm it almost knocked him over. I could hear his slight giggle.

"Yes, we made it," he squeezed me gently.

At that moment, I heard a low growl. I felt so annoyed by Zayden's action I shot him a glare. He pinned his ears back with teeth-baring but made no move or sound. He just stared in disapproval. I released Ryuu, looking at him; his eyes were focused on me for the first time since we saw the ruins.

"Let's go?" I asked.

He gave a small nod and I looked back to Zayden who decided to trot up and take the lead. We were almost to Nishiba.

Audience:

**What do you think? Does Lillith know exactly who she wants to be with?

**Feel free to push the vote button if you liked this chapter! I also love to read comments and hear from the audience so don't be shy! Thank you all so much for all the support you have given so far in just reading and enjoying what I wrote (:

xoxoxo