Chapter 15: Royalty Games

"Good Evening, Zayden. Lillith." Ryuu nodded his head in greeting to us. 

The past few days have been peaceful with Zayden. Aaylah had even been spending plenty of time with him.

"What is this?" Zayden asked flatly as Ryuu handed him a letter.

"You are requested to be in the King's quarters. Your father, the King, wants to make preparations for your ceremony. Apparently, Alpha Tyson has short patience and is trying to get things to move along quicker," Ryuu explained, his gaze avoiding me.

"Damnit," Zayden muttered, "okay, I better get going," he stiffened with tension. "Will you be okay in your room for the next few days?" Zayden asked me. It was odd he would request that after I had spent so much time here at his place.

"Of course," I said, giving him a warm smile. He seemed worried or maybe it was stress, but nodded and left without saying another word.

"Well, Lillith I guess it is just you and me until Zayden can get some time back on his schedule," Ryuu said warmly.

"Thanks, Ryuu. So, what are we doing today?" I asked, ready for training. He shook his head.

"This wasn't supposed to happen," he said under his breath.

"What wasn't?" I asked.

"Zayden was supposed to be able to stay with you for the remainder of your training," he stated as he ran his fingers through his black hair.

"It's okay," I shrugged, not sure why it would be such a bad thing.

"I think, it would be wise to just hang out in your room and read over books," Ryuu nodded as if reassuring himself that was the best solution.

"Sure," I mumbled, the whole situation was making me curious and slightly suspicious. Something didn't feel right about their current reactions. I walked past Ryuu, not expecting him to walk me to my room. He ended up following me all the way.

"I'm sorry," Ryuu said sympathetically.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"This world, it may seem good right now but it's a lot more complicated then it looks. Don't get too comfortable with Zayden," he nodded as he turned around and walked down the hall.

Chills went down my spine at his words. Was Zayden hiding something from me?  I went inside my room and Aaylah immediately came trotting to greet me. I visited her often throughout the day but she insisted on greeting me every time I walk through the door.

"Hey girl," I bent down and picked her up as she purred happily. "I guess it's just you and me the next few days," I mumbled.

I had a feeling that Ryuu and Zayden were trying to keep me in my room for some reason, and I wanted to know why. I sighed in annoyance, how could I possibly find out? Zayden went to the Kings Quarters.

"I'm going for a walk Aaylah," I said as I got up and grabbed a sweater in case it was chilly outside.

As I headed outside the castle, I noticed there were quite a bit more people than usual. Once outside I noticed several people gathered around the water fountain with the two wolves carved from stone. I slowly got a little closer, my heart dropped to my stomach.

"You play with fire, you're going to get burned," I heard Ryuu walk up beside me as my heart jumped slightly at his sudden appearance. "Thought I told you to read your books?" he said irritated.

I didn't even care if he was angry. My blood felt frozen and my heart was about to pump out of my chest. There was Zayden, with a young, petite, blonde woman next time. She was smiling and kept grabbing Zayden's arm intimately.

The King and Queen were talking to an older man, assuming it was Alpha Tyson. I was able to spot the King and Queen easily considering they were wearing golden crowns and dressed up nicely. I noticed Zayden seemed tense every time the beautiful blonde touched him. He's our mate, my wolf growled.

"Wh-why? What?" I stuttered out shakily. My heart felt like it was literally shattering into pieces with sharp pains.

"They're engaged..." Ryuu paused, "things get messy with royalty. Sometimes they can't choose things for themselves," he said softly.

I saw Zayden laugh at something the blonde woman said as she put her hand on his bicep. My wolf whimpered, how could he? The image of them and the words Ryuu just said. They're engaged, it made my blood levels skyrocket. My vision suddenly turning blurry as I saw stars cloud my view. Everything started spinning and I felt nauseous. I felt my knees buckle from underneath me as I fell into darkness. The last thing I felt was Ryuu's hands catching me.

Audience:

How was this chapter?

Let me know what you think will happen next (:

Thank you for reading! (:

xoxoxo