Chapter 12: The Moon Pulls The Tides

Feeling the warmth of Zayden's body next to mine was the greatest feeling in the world. I could feel Zayden's body rise and fall with each breath he took. I blinked open my eyes, realizing he had his arm over my waist and his chin was on my shoulder as he breathed down my neck. Sending chills down my spine. This was the first time he moved so close to me while sleeping since the first night I asked him to stay with me.

"Zayden, wake up," my voice croaked.

I gently picked up his arm and moved it away. Tonight was the full moon. Tonight, Zayden was supposed to help teach me to shift into my wolf. Zayden began to shift, wrapping his arm around my waist once again, pulling me tighter into his chest.

"Mmm, good morning princess," his voice was deep and sexy.

It was like music to my ears, putting me in a small trance. I was enjoying his presence way too much. He leaned over to kiss my cheek. I couldn't help but to smile as the warmth from his kiss seeped through my cheek like a small fire spreading.

"Good morning Zayden. Now, will you give me some space," my voice was still croaky from waking up. Stupid morning voice. So embarrassing. I let out a sigh of defeat. 

I pulled myself forward and crawled out of the warm blankets. Leaving Zayden laying there with empty blankets. He watched me intently as I grabbed a pair of clothes for the day.

"Are you going to get ready?" I said slightly nervously yet excited at the same time. I wanted to see how this wolf shifting would go.

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled, waving his hand at me to leave him alone.

It didn't take us long to get ready and eat breakfast. I made sure Aaylah had plenty of food, water, and a clean cat box before leaving.

"Are we going to try and shift in the training field?" I asked, curious to know if we would be in an open field or somewhere more private.

"No, we will go into the woods for a bit for more privacy. How about near the waterfall? It's got plenty of trees while still near the castle," he suggested.

"Sounds perfect," I gave him a small smile.

We made our way down to the waterfall. The cold wind hit my face as it came in gusts. The water rippled below the waterfall with mist hovering over it. It was a gloomy and cold day which added to the feeling that I felt unsubtle for some reason.

The full moon had a way of affecting me since I was a kid. I just figured because I was made of 60-70 percent water that the gravitational pull was what was happening. Now, I was certain that was not the complete reason.

"Okay, we will train here for a bit until it gets late enough that the moon is present enough to want to force us to shift," Zayden said nonchalantly.

He dropped the bag he was holding that was most likely filled with weapons. As he unzipped it, I noticed that I was correct. There were a bunch of guns and bullets. He pulled out some papers and unrolled them, circles covered the paper from big to small. They were targets. Zayden took some thumbtacks and started setting up the targets on trees, using the bark for a surface that a thumbtack could go through.

"Ready?" he asked handing me a handgun.

I took it and loaded it the magazine.

"Always," I smirked.

I had recently discovered I had a slightly better aim then Zayden. He shook his head in disapproval. I turned the safety off the gun and pulled back the trigger, aiming at my target.