Chapter 29: Bleeding Heart

[Zayden's POV]

I wanted to rip out his throat. How dare he touch her in such ways! My body trembled in anger as I kept walking stiffly, leading Lillith and Ryuu back home while trying to hide my emotions. She's ours, my wolf growled. Our anger fueling together. It was taking everything I had to keep myself together. As much as I wanted her, I know I had already hurt her enough. If she and Ryuu have something going on then it is probably my fault.

Probably? It is your fault, my wolf snapped. Surprising me by his outrage towards me. We were generally in sync with thoughts and emotions. Somehow, he felt I was to blame. Which, I know I am.

If I just would've told her about the engagement. If I could've kept myself controlled. I wasn't expecting her to be my mate, I wasn't expecting to fall for her. That is no excuse though. I should have controlled the situation and I should have stood up for I wanted then not now after I broke her heart. I whimpered, thinking of how much pain I have caused her. I would do anything to take it back, to heal her broken heart.

I could hear them quietly talking and giggling, making my blood boil every time I heard Lillith giggle at something Ryuu said. I want her back, my wolf whimpered. Me too... me too, guilt waves hitting me. I almost felt like I was suffocating. Finally, the castle came into sight. I can do this. I can make it and get this all sorted out.

"We are almost there! I can't believe it!" I hear Lillith's relief flooding through her.

A stabbing pain hit me in the chest. Maybe Ryuu was better for her then I. I glanced back, looking at her beautiful smile, her beautiful eyes, and those dimples. She had cuts on her cheeks I noticed. Her brown curly hair bouncing with every movement she made. Ryuu leaned in, kissing her forehead as she longingly looked up at him.

There was something different about Lillith. I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was but something was off. Unless Ryuu just brought out a side of her I didn't know about.

Sharp pains jabbed into my chest making me wince. I felt like I would vomit, the ground felt unsteady. I looked away, it is too much. We are good enough for her my wolf whimpered. We will show her she's our Queen, my wolf insisted. I slowly put one foot in front of the other, towards the castle.

I didn't want to be near them. It was then I realized just how much pain I caused her. I'm such an asshole. How am I ever going to make it up to her?  I questioned. We will, my wolf determined, never giving up. Glancing behind me, Lillith and Ryuu followed, happy as could be. Making my whole body ache and my mind race with ways to win her back.

Audience:

**Feel free to vote if you enjoyed reading this chapter!

**Thank you all for reading and sticking with me this far!