Chapter 16: A Heart Made of Glass

I found it was hard to move as my whole body ached. Ryuu had been coming and going to make sure I was eating and drinking. I never left my room since I passed out, and Zayden never came to visit me. Aaylah laid beside me, curled up on the bed, she never left my side once. The vibrations from her purrs helped soothe me slightly. My temples were throbbing. I never had a headache like this before. It felt like my head would break open any moment now.

Mate. Betrayed us... my wolf's anger heightened my own. All she's been doing since I passed out that day, pacing around angrily. Trying to comprehend why our mate would betray us. The whole thing didn't make sense to me. I even read the books about mates and bonds, they would hurt like hell if someone rejected someone. Perhaps being half witch made it different though because we bonded already which would make it so much worse.

Why would someone accept a fiancé knowing they weren't your mate when you knew your kind had mates. My heart ached at the thought, and something occurred to me. I felt attracted to Ryuu many times and tried to ignore it, but it was there. I wondered if Zayden felt that attraction towards his fiancé. Jealousy began eating at me, my blood starting to boil as I just wanted the blonde woman gone.

A rapid knocking at the door pulled me away from thoughts.

"Lillith?" Ryuu's voice sounded stressed.

I was too exhausted to move, so I just laid there. The door didn't have a lock. It was an odd setup. Ryuu slowly opened the door and peeked in.

"Oh, good, you're awake," he said as he walked over.

"What do you want?" I mumbled.

I wanted to break down into tears, but I was too exhausted to even do that. Ryuu's expression was filled with pity.

"Don't pity me," I snapped, irritated instantly that he would feel that bad for me.

"I didn't mean to," he said softly, "I know this is the last thing you want to do but you have been requested by the King and Queen," he eyed me warily. My heart dropped to my stomach.

"It's been two days Ryuu, and Zayden hasn't even tried to see me," I growled, "I will not go."

"I am afraid you have no choice, you are here on their behalf and they have been wanting to find time to meet you," he stated.

"And if I refuse?"

"Then I will have to drag you down there myself," he said sternly.

"No, you won't," I tried to argue but he threw the blankets off me. Burying poor Aaylah underneath them but she just shifted a little and started purring. He began to lift me up but I slapped his hands away.

"Alright, alright. Fine," I snapped angrily.

I sat up and instantly, a lump formed in my stomach and nauseousness hit me hard. I hurled vomit onto the floor in front of me. Ryuu stepped back just in time to not get puked on.

"Wow, uh- maybe a hot shower will help?" he said worriedly.

He stepped over to me, careful to avoid the vomit on the floor and picked me up bridal style. "I will help you get through this, you understand?" he said reassuringly as he carried me into the bathroom and sat me on the edge of the tub.

"Why do you care so much?" I grumbled, he was always too nice to me.

"I was one of the people requested to check in on you throughout the years," he turned on the water of the shower. "You're beautiful and kind Lillith, you deserve to be treated like a Queen," he said as he left.

"It seems like there is no place for me to be Queen," I sighed, thinking about his words too much. He returned with clean clothes from a closet, holding a long burgundy dress.

"There might be," he smiled warmly, "now here are some clothes that should do, I will be waiting in the room with Aaylah."

He left, and I weakly got up to lock the door. I stripped off my clothes clumsily and slowly crawled into the shower. The hot water instantly relaxing my muscles as I let out a sigh. Why couldn't the King and Queen request me before this happened?

Every minute that passed by seemed to get harder, my body just wanted to crash. I made my way out of the bathroom after getting dressed and throwing on some light makeup so I didn't look like the zombie I felt like.

"I got us some food," Ryuu gestured to the desk that had two sandwiches and some apple juice, "I kept it light, but you need some strength," he said softly.

Aaylah was sitting on the window ceil watching Ryuu intensely before looking out and admiring the view.

"Okay," I said under my breath as I went over and sat down.

Ryuu had cleaned up my vomit as the floor was now spotless and smelled like pine trees. We silently ate, and oddly, the food did make me feel better and more energized. However, it still felt like a ton of bricks were weighing me down.

"Are you ready?" Ryuu asked, I nodded at him and followed him out to the King and Queen.

Before we got there, Ryuu stopped and turned to look at me. "I need you to know, King Aiden Zaman and Queen Aya Zaman wanted to meet you before this," he said cautiously.

"Why didn't they request me before then?" I asked, my voice raspy.

"Zayden didn't want them to meet you, my guess is because you are his mate and he would have trouble hiding that from them," he shrugged.

Ryuu gently grabbed my chin with his fingers, "just know I will be right by your side the whole time," he said softly before dropping his hand. As we walked the rest of the way I couldn't help but feel that Ryuu had an angle. Maybe I was just being paranoid.

We came upon a giant room, with two thrones at the end. I don't want to see our mate, my wolf whimpered, knowing we would probably run into him. Chandeliers sparkled high in the ceiling, the large room was surrounded by colors of gold and red. There I saw, sat the King and the Queen. My heart began racing nervously. I noticed a slight movement beside the King, there stood Zayden, and next to him the blonde girl. Making my breath get caught in my throat.

Audience:

**Hey everyone! What do you think of this chapter so far?

**What do you think is going to happen with Lilith? Why was she requested?

Again, I appreciate every reader!

xoxoxo