Chapter 30: Witches of Nishiba

[Lillith's POV]

We made it back, thanks to Zayden leading us the way back to Nishiba. Instead of taking us to the castle, we requested to be taken to the witches so Zayden led us there. The witch coven lived behind the castle, surrounded by walls of their own.

We approached a cottage, and Ryuu knocked on the door since Zayden was still in wolf form. The door opened and a slim lady, in her thirties, opened the door. Her black straight hair and brown eyes looking over us all.

"Come in," she smiled softly.

We entered her home. It had a cozy set up and two stories. She gestured us into a living room where there was soft looking light brown couch. We took our seats, I don't remember the last time I sat on something so comfortable. The walls were very light tan and the carpet a darker shade of brown. Bookshelves were everywhere along with plants set on the desks and window seals. The woman returned with clothes in her hands, she set them down in front of Zayden grabbed them with his mouth and left the room.

She sat on the coffee table across from Ryuu and me, looking at us expectantly.

"So, what you brought you here today?" She asked pleasantly.

I was a bit nervous talking to a witch who I hadn't seen before. Almost like I was when I was around my so-called mother.

"I... we need your help," I struggled for the explanation.

"Well my name is Eva and I can try to help. I have actually been expecting you three, as the Moon Goddess and I talk often," her expression soft.

I felt my body relax a bit, there was something comforting about Eva. Ryuu, however, seemed too intense. His posture was tense and he was unusually quiet.

"Well, Zayden and I were mates I guess, but he has chosen another. Ryuu and I also have a bond, but we can't be intimate cuz it creates this," I cautiously lifted my sleeves to expose my black veins.

Zayden appeared in the room again, instantly spotting the black veins on my arms and his eyes widened. Quickly he came over, kneeling beside me.

"What happened? Are you okay?" his voice sounded strained, weak.

"I'm fine," I snapped.

He sat down beside me, leaving plenty of space to avoid making me angrier. Eva looked lost in her thoughts, then she shifted her weight a bit.

"I see..." she trailed off, "Ryuu, Zayden, can you please leave to the kitchen and shut the door behind you," it was more of a request than asking.

They both reluctantly got up and tensely walked out, shutting the door behind them. Eva chanted something for a minute before focusing her attention back onto me.

"Ryuu is a traitor," she spat. Her face turned from soft to angry, then it softened again. "I suppose you know this?" she raised her eyebrows in question.

"He did it to watch out for me better, he says. However, he was forced to bind himself to the darkness so I am not sure what to do. Our bond is strong."

"Is your bond love or lust?" she questioned.

"I-" I paused. Thinking about it. "Love."

Eva shook her head.

"Oftentimes people can mistake lust for love, especially with one who is bound to the dark side."

"It's love," I stated.

Sure that I was right. I knew what we had was more than lust. After all, how could someone defy the darkness for so long just to make sure I was safe if it wasn't love?

"Can you help me? Help me be with Ryuu without me going to the dark side?" I pleaded.

She shook her head. My heart immediately sank.

"I am sorry Lillith, I cannot do anything to change it, or I would... " she trailed off. "I have spoken with the Moon Goddess who said you have to choose one. Whichever you choose will be your path of either light or dark. There is no changing fate," she explained.

"Please, I beg you. I don't know how to live with Zayden after he hurt me so much! Ryuu's intentions were good, " tears began tumbling down my cheeks.

Eva's eyes glazed over for a minute, then she returned her attention to me.

"No witch, no goddess, nothing can change this situation. The Moon Goddess says you must choose, the longer you wait the more the darkness will infect you," she pointed at my arms, "you have approximately five hours before you start losing full focus of what you need Lillith, make your decision wisely," she stated.

"I thought it wouldn't grow unless I chose it? I haven't chosen it?" I remembered my father's words.

"Lillith, there are so many ways you can 'choose' without saying it. By engaging intimacy with Ryuu, you chose."

I felt panicked. There was no way I could choose between them, between pain and happiness, between dark and light in five hours. Eva got up and exited the room, she returned with Ryuu and Zayden and they sat across from me, completely tensed up and weary.

"Five hours Lillith, until you choose, no one leaves this room," Eva's voice was stern.

She was no longer playing nice because this must be done. She left the door open to let something in before closing it. I saw the familiar fur ball running at me, Aaylah. She jumped on my lap purring.

"Hey girl," I said softly as I laid my face in her fur. "What should I do?"

Aaylah jumped down and sat by Zayden's feet. She stared at me with her tail swishing. Did she understand what I was asking for?

I looked up into Zayden's eyes, which I have not done in a long time. There was a magnetic pull, he was irresistible despite what he did. His eyes were pleading though, making me feel guilty. I could tell he felt bad for what he had done.

I averted my eyes to look at Ryuu, his eyes also pleading. They were filled with lust, sending vibrant chills down my spine, and my arms started feeling on fire, but a passionate fire. I quickly looked down, avoiding them. Maybe he was just lust? But he did everything because he loved me. He saved my life. How in the nine hells, could I choose?

The End...

For more, look out for the second book A Romance Sort of Thing II (will be on Wattpad soon!)

Just want to give a quick shout out to all my readers for reading my book and supporting it, I appreciate every read and every reader, I really hope everyone enjoyed the book! This is the first book I ever wrote and actually finished it, I know the ending is kind of a cliff hanger but I gotta get everyone fired up for book two!

Please leave comments or votes if you enjoyed the book or certain chapters, it means a lot to me! (:

xoxoxo

Check out some other books I have on Wattpad currently!

Again, all copyrights are reserved. Any re-writes or copies from my books is illegal and will be reported. These are all my original ideas so please write your own original ideas that is what makes each book and writer unique!