Chapter 22: Unknown Agenda

[Zayden's POV]

"Argh!" I slammed my fist into the brick wall. I couldn't even feel any pain. Adrenaline pumped through my veins while my anger kept rising. She can't be gone, my wolf whimpered.

"Don't worry son, we will get her back" my father's voice sounded comforting, "everyone will stay safe because we will get her back."

His words made my veins burn even more though, my anger rising. I blamed him. If he would just have let me decide my own life.

"It's not about keeping people safe, it's about her!" I yelled.

Not able to control myself or my emotions from showing. Must find her, my wolf growled as he got more agitated.

"What are you trying to say?" my father's tone changed to worry.

I took a deep breath and turned away from the wall to look at him. He needed to know because I couldn't handle this anymore.

"Father. I don't mean to disappoint you but..." the words wouldn't come out. Disappointing my father was the last thing I wanted to do. I worked so hard to make sure he would be proud of me. To make sure I would become the leader he wanted me to be.

"But what? Whatever it is you can tell me, son."

"But I love her..." I trailed off under my breath, but he heard. His body posture stiffened.

"What do you mean, you love her?" His voice was ice-cold stern.

"She's my mate, father." I met his dark piercing gaze.

"I'm sorry, son." he stood there as still as a rock.

"Y-you're okay with that?" I asked nervously. Unsure of how he was going to react. His apology itself took me by surprise, but his posture unnerved me slightly.

"No." he sighed.

"Father, I want to be with her, not Jessie. Lillith is a princess too."

"I said," he paused, stepping closer to me, "no."

"Why?" I heaved in anger as my pulse began rising once again.

"You must marry Jessie for the alliance. Lillith has an agenda with the witches which will also benefit us," his words were stern but remained calm.

"What agenda!" I grabbed my hair in frustration before letting my hands drop back to my sides.

"She must marry a king, he is the king of the largest and strongest witch coven. For reasons I cannot discuss with you because the fewer people who know the better."

His words angered me more. Was I not trustworthy to my father?

"I am suppose to be the future king and yet you keep me in the dark," I growled, starting to pace again.

"No one said being King was easy," my father snapped, "we make sacrafices."

"Well mother regrets her sacrifice," I spat at him.

An emotion flashed through his eyes that I did not recognize. Was it hurt? I've never seen my father hurt emotionally before.

"I will not have this. You will marry Jessie and you will no longer think of Princess Lillith in such a way!" he stormed out the room slamming the door shut.

How could I lose her? She and Ryuu, my right-hand man, the closest person I had to a best friend. I failed them, failed my father. Feelings of emptiness and anger was all I had left.Flashes of me and Ryuu when we were younger ran through my hand. We had always been there for one and another. The Dark Moon pack may spare Lillith, but Ryuu would have less luck.

I ran to my room and grabbed a duffel bag from the closet. I began stuffing food, water, a change of clothes, herbs for healing, and a gun. I grabbed my sword and the strap to carry it. I will find her and Ryuu even if it's the last thing I do, I thought to myself. We will find them, my wolf growled.

Audience:

What do you think of Zayden's Point of View so far?

Does it make the story more interesting?

Let me know! Thank you for reading, I hugely appreciate it! Also feel free to vote below if you feel the chapter deserves one!

xoxo