Chapter 3: Who Made The Order

A knock at the door startled me awake. My eyes flew open, seeing a mixture of white and tan in a room I didn't recognize. My heart began to beat faster. Then I remembered, I was kidnapped to a castle, and this was supposedly my room now. I glanced down feeling a weight on the blanket to see Aaylah curled up staring at the door. She gave a big yawn, flashing her feline teeth. She must've been awakened to.

"Lillith, it's Ryuu, are you awake in there?" he asked loudly through the door.

"Yeah, I am awake now," I grumbled.

"Good, I will go get some breakfast, you should be ready by the time I get back with the food," he said as I heard his footsteps leaving.

My stomach grumbled at the thought of food. Come to think of it, I didn't even remember the last time I had eaten.

"Alright Aaylah, I gotta go get ready for whatever doom this day brings me," I complained.

She had returned to her sleep, looking as peaceful as ever. I went over to the closet near the window, praying there would be clothes in there. I opened it, and there were clothes that weren't mine, and then clothes that were mine from my home.

"Interesting," I whispered to myself as I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a black long sleeved shirt to wear.

Heading into the bathroom, their clean towels stacked on the counter, and I noticed a cat litter box set up by the toilet, which I completely forgot to think about last night. I peeked into the shower to see shampoo, conditioner, and soap... strangely the ones I used. It's like they raided my house.

"Not creepy at all," I said sarcastically, as I turned on the shower to warm it up before getting in.

Not feeling satisfied with my safety I made sure the door was locked three times before finally striping my clothes off and getting into the shower. I let the hot water relax my muscles and momentarily take away the stress.

As I got out of the bathroom, feeling a hundred times better, a knock at my door made me jump. My heart pumping quickly as adrenaline took over for a minute.

"Lillith? Are you ready yet? I got some food for us to eat before we head off," he questioned.

I walked to the door and opened it for him to come in.

"Thank you for bringing some food, I am starving," I said nervously, still unsure on how to act or react.

He nodded and quickly sat the plates of food onto the bed. Aaylah, being disturbed, hissed at him a few times before walking away to find a peaceful spot. I wasn't sure whether to feel bad that Aaylah hated his guts, or to feel terrified because maybe there was something dangerous about him. I warily sat on the bed beside him and took a plate of food.

"I thought you could use a filling breakfast, so I had a cook make some hearty burritos filled with potatoes, spinach, eggs, spicy beef, lettuce, and some sauces," he said smiling as he took a huge bite into his burrito.

It almost looked comical, but I stifled back the giggle, too fearful of what might happen. I began eating my burrito, savoring the spices and tangy sauce. It tasted amazing, my mouth watered as I continued to eat into the next bite. I heard Ryuu chuckling. I glanced over and he was looking at me with a strange look.

"What?" I asked, my mouth still mostly full.

"You should hear yourself eating that burrito. I guess I should've gotten you food last night," he chuckled some more. I rolled my eyes and continued eating. At least my doom will come after I was full.