Chapter 25: A Dark Love

[Lilliths POV]

My eyes opened to the golden and white glimmers from the room. Remembering where I was made me just want to return to sleep for eternity. I rolled over, closing my eyes, trying to forget everything.

Knock, knock. The door creaked open.

"My sweet child." Queen Amelia's voice was soft, almost angelic. I roll over to face her, just peering over the blankets at her. She walks in and sits on the edge of the bed. She looked so modest for someone known to be so evil.

"I want you to have these," Queen Amelia laid a book beside me that was of dark brown leather and thick.

"What is it?" I asked.

"An ancient grimoire from teachings that are long forgotten to most," she smiled.

Something about the book intrigued me. Like it was calling to me. I touch my fingers to the soft leather, tracing the serpent design that was engraved into the material. I felt entranced by the serpent.

"I must run more errands today but Ryuu will help you go over the book and I want you to start learning to use your powers. We do go to war soon after all" her voice was filled with pride as she puffs out her chest and walks out of the room.

Once she disappeared Ryuu appeared in the doorway. He held a small smile that offered some comfort.

"Permission to come in?" he asked gently.

"Of course," I gestured towards the empty space in the room.

I really could not understand how such a kind and caring man could be bound to the dark side. As he comes in and sits at the edge of the bed I gather myself and get ready for the day. Walking around to find clothes.

"She's already pushing me to do magic," I mumbled, "and I have feeling it is dark magic."

" I know..." he trailed off as he walked up behind me. He tugged my arm gently for me to turn around.

"What if I don't want to learn?" I asked, turning to face him.

Realizing he was so close I can feel his body heat. I could feel my pulse beating faster in my veins. I wasn't sure that I completely trusted Ryuu yet, but one thing was clear. I definitely was attracted to him.

"We don't have to learn the dark magic today, let's just start with the regular good O' magic" he smiled. His smile made me feel safe for some odd reason.

"Okay, I can do that" I sighed.

I tried to move past him but he side-stepped into my path, stopping me.

"Do you feel anything for me?" he asked, concern etched on his face.

Heat filled my cheeks as I blushed. Of course, I did. I just didn't know how to get past Zayden. I didn't know how to forget he was also sided with the very darkness that haunts me.

"You have to ask that right now?" I clenched my fists together.

I swear these werewolf men had the worse timing in everything.

"What's wrong with now?" His face fell, making my heart leap with guilt.

"It just that we are in the middle of trying to survive and find a way out of this, a war starts soon for heaven sakes," I huffed.

"Exactly. If we don't talk about it now, we might not get that chance."

"What do you mean?"

"Anything could happen, Lillith. I might not make it out alive trying to escape here, I might not make it out alive from Nishiba if we return..." he trailed off.

I realized he had a point. He played both sides which meant if either side found out they would want his head on a stick.

"I'm sorry..." I paused, "you're right, Ryuu."

I looked down at my feet uncomfortably. Ryuu was putting his life out the line by even trusting me to know he was sided with Nishiba and Queen Amelia. I could easily rat him out.

"So? Do you?" He smiled bashfully while leaning his weight back on his heels then forward to his tiptoes and back to the ground.

He was cute. It was hard to believe he had darkness inside him. Growing, according to what Lorenzo said.

"Yes..." I trailed off, "but I am not sure it is a good time to try and start something" I explained.

His eyes sparkled as he brushed my cheek with his hand, making my skin feel hot from his touch.

"Ryuu, I—" he cut me off as his lips pressed against mine, feeling like fire but without the pain.

His kiss literally taking my breath away. I step back to get air, but he once again pressed his lips onto mine with a passion I had never felt before. Something about him was intoxicating. So intoxicating that I didn't want to stop. I wanted more.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, giving in to the attraction. He grabbed me by the waist, lifting me onto the desk next to the bed. My body knocked off the lantern which either of us barely noticed. Each place he touched was like fire. A fire that burned wild, free, and burned everything in its path.

He moved his kisses down my neck where I was most sensitive. Chills crept up my body as his kisses left a tingly sting that was filled with pleasure. Lillith... My wolf echoed in the back of my mind. Lillith you need to stop, she tried again. For some reason I couldn't control myself, Ryuu was too intoxicating. The fire was too strong, an uncontrollable burning fiery of pleasure. Please, Lillith, she persisted reaching out to me but once again failed.

Ryuu nipped my ear making my body feel numb and weak in his stronghold. Lillith!  My wolf growled, he is not good for us! She snapped. Even though her voice was still faint it was enough for me to open my eyes. My heart began pounding so fast from what I was seeing. My veins on my arms were black and it was creeping up my arms slowly. Eh!  I squirmed. Pushing Ryuu as hard as I could away from me. He stumbled backwards, looking shocked and confused.

"What's wrong?" he gasped, trying to gain back his breathing. His eyes were so dark. Darker then I have ever seen them.

"What is this!" I screamed at him. Throwing my arms in the air at him. I could not tell if I was just panicked, angry, or both.

"I-I don't know' he stuttered, looking bewildered.

Audience:

What do you think is happening to Lillith?

Will Lillith turn dark so soon?

Thank you for reading this far, I hope the book is becoming more interesting. (:

xoxo