11- how do you like your eggs?

Jaz's POV

I sat at the breakfast bar in the boys house as I watched Mitchel attempt to cook some breakfast for us.

Our night had been pretty uneventful after we got back. We didn't bring up Angeline again although she was still nagging in my mind. We had just put on a film and had a chill evening before passing out. It was now morning and I had to go to uni so Mitchel was making me some food before I had to go which I appreciated but it looked like he didn't know the first thing when it came to frying anything.

Christian was also looking at him with concern, making faces to me as he watched him almost drop a tray of eggs.

Clinton and Cat were still asleep upstairs so I took this as a cue that she was not going to her classes today but she already had a habit of skipping them.

"Maybe I should just have cereal?" I suggest.

"No, I've got this trust me" He reassures as he fries some eggs.

The pan starts spitting as it's on way too high and he tries to play it cool even though I can see him flinching as the oil hits his bare skin.

"If you're sure" I trail off.

"Mitchel do you even know what you're doing?" Christian asks crossing his arms.

"Um yah I'm not an idiot" Mitchel replies.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that" Christian laughs.

"I will literally kick you out of this house" Mitchel retorts.

"I'd like to see you try" Christian smirks.

Mitchel just shakes his head and continues to cook the food as I watch him. He looks good doing even the simplest tasks. His hair is bunched up in a bun on his head with his signature braids hanging down. He's shirtless with just black sweatpants on and I can't help my eyes from trailing down admiring every angle.

"You know if you like the view so much, you can take a picture" He smirks not even looking up from his task.

I feel myself blush but I refuse to be embarrassed. Why should I ?

"The view isn't that great" I mumble.

"You're right, it's the ride that's the best part" He says smiling down as I try not to gasp.

I swear, sometimes Mitchel can be so sexual it can catch me off guard. Christian coughs awkwardly before mentioning he has to go do something leaving just the two of us in the room.

Mitchel somehow manages to cook the eggs without burning anything and serves them up on a plate for me and I thank him softly before digging in. Not bad for a first attempt.

I check my phone and I see that I'll need to leave in ten minutes or so to make it on time. I inwardly groan at the thought of all the lectures I have today but I know it'll be worth it because I'm going to treat myself to a nice long bath when I get back to my apartment later.

"How are they?" He asks, hope in his eyes as he sits across from me.

"Best eggs I've ever had" I smile as he looks proud with himself.

I finish up my food as he makes empty conversation with me so it's not silent. I let out a small sigh as I pick up my bag and go to say goodbye to Mitchel.

"What are you doing?" He asks confused.

"Saying goodbye" I state, also confused.

"Don't be silly, I'll walk with you" He says grabbing some shoes.

"Oh" I say "You really don't have to"

"I don't mind, I have nothing better to do" He replies.

He pulls a hoodie over his head and grabs his keys from the counter as I follow him out the door. It's October but the air is still as hot as ever as it hits my skin making me already regret my many layers of clothing.

Mitchel walked along with me as we made our way over to my campus which was only about a twenty minute walk which wasn't bad on a sunny morning like this, even if it was extremely hot.

"So what are you doing later?" He asks "Wanna stay again?"

"Uh that sounds good but I think I'm just going to stay at mine tonight" I reply.

"Oh well I guess I could come over yeah" He says.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but I meant alone" I giggle.

"Oh" He mumbles.

"Why?" Adds.

"Because we can't spend every night together" I state.

"And why not?" He asks.

The streets are quiet which is why I like this time of day, it's so relaxed compared to the usual busyness that surrounds the city any other time.

"Because we spend a lot of time together, spending time apart is also a good thing" I explain.

"I guess" He shrugs.

"Is someone gonna miss me?" I ask smirking.

"No, I'll maybe sleep well tonight without being subjected to your snoring" He jokes sticking his tongue out.

"You're such a child" I retort.

"Bet you weren't thinking that when you were checking me out earlier" He replies.

He got me there, I'll give him that.

"Pin my weaknesses against me, that's harsh" I comment.

"Oh so I'm your weakness am I?" He smiles.

"Maybe" I say.

The rest of the journey carries on with the same flow of jokes and banter with a few compliments thrown in for good measure. Soon enough we're already at campus and I need to say goodbye to Mitchel for real this time.

"Well I'll see you soon?" He says unsure what to say.

"Yeah I'll text you" I reply "Thanks for walking me"

"No problem" He says.

"Well I'll speak to you later" I nod before attempting to leave.

His hand gently pulls mine back so that I'm facing him again. His eyes look right into mine as I feel everything else around me moving slower as if time is distorted.

He leans down, holding my chin in his hand softly as he places his lips gently on mine pressing ever so slightly before pulling away again. It was a nice kiss, simple and chaste as I smile in return at how he gone back to his sweet self opposed to the sexual one earlier.

"Did you really think I'd leave without a kiss?" He smirks.

"Goodbye Mitchel" I laugh as I head away before I was late.

I hear him shout some things back about me abandoning him but I know he was just kidding. I walk up to the stairs and into the building, on my way to listen to a boring lecture where I knew I was only going to have one thing, or one person, consuming my thoughts.

---

I'm sorry this chapter was boring af like I really am but I promised another chapter so Here u go

Keep commenting and voting my loves