(II) 13- truth hurts

Mitchel's POV

"He's in love with you" I say.

My eyes flicker from Christian who couldn't even look me in the eye to Jaz who's face fell in confusion and probably shock as she processes what I told her.

"Fuck you Mitchel" He spits shaking his head and heading towards the front door.

"Excuse me?" I say feeling my anger bubbling up.

He walks out slamming the door behind him but I run down and swing it back open following him outside. I can hear him cursing under his breath but I don't care, this conversation was long overdue.

I can't remember exactly when I first realised there was a chance that he was in love with her. It had always been an underlying feeling niggling away at me but I just blamed that down to how close they were as friends and how protective I got over her.

But then I realised that maybe I was right, maybe I wasn't just imagining it all in my head. I would see the texts he sent her and I would catch the way he looked at her, it was the same way I looked at her. Recently it had been easier than ever to see what was wrong with him, he was in love. He would smile whenever he looked at messages on his phone, he wouldn't try and hook up with any girls at the bar and while I hoped and prayed that he had met a girl, one that wasn't mine, I knew deep down that wasn't the case.

I guess I can't fully blame him, it was easy to fall in love with Jaz. She was the full package; she was beautiful, funny, caring and Just the most amazing soul I had ever encountered. It was inevitable that Christian would end up falling for her too but I'd be damned if I ever let him get her, she was mine and only mine.

"I'm not done talking" I say as I follow him down the driveway.

"Yeah well I am" He spits.

"Guys come back" Jaz shouts from the doorway.

"Go back inside" I tell her softly.

I didn't want her to have to witness this, it wasn't fair on her. Whilst this whole situation revolves around her, she wasn't actually to blame.

"But Mitchel" She pleads.

"I need to talk to him alone" I reply.

She gives one last look of protest but rolls her eyes and goes back inside anyway and I hear the door close softly. I turn back around and Christian was still walking away and so I sprint over to catch him pulling on his shirt to get him to stop.

"Get off me" He says repeating the words I overheard him say to Jaz moments ago.

The noise of them arguing had woken me and I stood on the stairs listening to his words and I knew in that moment that all my suspicions were right, it was the only explanation for his weird behaviour recently.

"We need to talk about this" I say.

"About what Mitchel?" He asks "All you're gonna do is scream and get annoyed at me"

"I have every right to be annoyed" I reply.

"How?" He replies incredulously "How do you have the right to be annoyed with me?"

"Because you're in love with my girl!" I shout.

He lets out a mocking laugh throwing his head back while shaking his head bitterly.

"She's not your fucking girl" He says "You lost the right to call her that when you messed it all up"

"I might have messed up but I'm fixing it and she's going to be mine again soon" I say firmly.