(II) 9- Spicy

Jaz's POV

Today was the second last day here before Cat and I had to head back home tomorrow. On one hand I just wanted to stay here and enjoy the relaxing nature that vacation induced but I was also looking forward to going back home; I missed the coffee from my local coffee shop, I missed the familiarity and I even somewhat missed my little apartment.

Cat had stayed over at the boys last night after the BBQ and so I was getting ready to head over there now and join them for lunch before Cat and I head out to do some last minute sightseeing.

I kept replaying my actions from last night and how I kissed Mitchel. I wasn't sure what came over me and I was slightly annoyed at myself for doing it but at the same time I enjoyed it. I had missed him and how lips felt against mine that when he had been so nice all day and we'd shared such a nice evening, I just felt it was right.

While I perhaps wasn't ready for us to be back together anytime soon, I definitely felt we were on the road to recovery and that if we took it slowly, we could be happy together again.

I enjoy the walk to the house as the sun beams down and it's a clear blue sky today putting me in an even better mood. I was actually looking forward to seeing Mitchel again after realising how much I had missed his company.

I knock the door and Biddi quickly answers letting me in and pulling me in for a hug before hurrying off claiming she was late for something and I laugh at how even in her rushed state, she still insisted on giving me a big hug.

I walk into the living room and see everyone lazily lounging on the couches. Clinton and Cat were of course, entangled in eachother ignoring everyone else's presence as Christian and Taylor were playing NBA shouting at the tv. Mitchel was lazily sprawled out on a sofa of his own scrolling through his phone but perks up once he sees me and sits upright patting the space beside him.

I say a quick hello to the room but they were all pretty distracted and so give a half hearted response.

I sit down next to him and he scoots closer as we watch Christian get destroyed by Taylor in NBA leading him to groan and moan like a little child not getting their way.

"How are you?" He asks quietly.

"I'm good yeah, you?" I reply.

"I'm great" He smiles.

It was relaxing and in a way reminded of being back at their house in LA although I missed Jesse and Pat, those two were always the funniest out the group even if they seemed the quietest. It was almost 1pm and I could feel myself becoming hungry and my stomach rumbles giving this away as Mitchel looks over at me amusedly as he hears it.

"Is someone hungry?" He asks.

"I'm always hungry" I reply in an obvious tone.

"How could I forget?" He replies back in much the same tone.

He stands up and gestures for me to follow as he heads into the kitchen.

"Lets start making lunch then" He says.

The others hear but don't offer any help, they were all too comfy and concentrated in what they were doing but I didn't mind as long as I got fed somehow.

I take a seat at their kitchen breakfast bar as Mitchel gathers things from the fridge and cupboards to start making food. It still amazes me how much he enjoyed to cook because looking at him you wouldn't take him as the type but he was actually very good at it and could definitely cook better than me.

"What do you want?" He asks.

I ponder for a moment trying to think what we could have that everyone would enjoy. I know there was no point in asking any of them because they were all the worst decision makers I could name.