10- simon [assassin]

Your P.o.v.

I cocked my gun, trying to keep my breathing steady, the weapon pointed at him. My grip tightened on the trigger as he walked further down the alley, looking unsuspecting.

I am a hired assassin, hired by my older cousin Lewis, Lewis Redman. I couldn't see his face, only the back of his head but I knew by the overall description that this was the man that I was trained and hired to kill.

We both walked further down the alleyway, I was following his every move. He stopped and squatted down to pick something up, so I crouched behind a broken crate. When I heard his feet start hitting the ground again, I started to move.

I was trained from an early teen to do this type of job. The agency gave me easy kills but Lewis pushed my gun skills to the maximum, it was hard but a job was a job. I was always reminded to be aware of my surroundings and today was no exception, although I was too concentrated on the boy, and the trigger, to realise that I stepped on a can, crushing it with my foot. This caused the boy to turn around quickly and stare wide eyed at the gun pointed at him.
"Wow! Chill. Put the gun down! Please. Please put the gun down." He begged, only loud enough for me to hear. His hands were up and he was backing away.
I seen his face, and his pleading eyes, he wasn't like the others. I lowered the gun.
"I...I can't, I cant do this." I whispered as I dropped the gun and leaned against the wall clutching my head.
I feel an arm make it's way around my shoulders, I became alert trying to pick up my gun but two strong arms held me back.
"Hey, don't do this." He whispered. I looked up at him and just stared.
"Why doesn't you come inside, I'll carry the gun." He said.
I followed him in into the building, to a more than less empty room, where he sat the gun on the table and sat down on a chair, he motioned to the seat beside him. I sat down.
"Explain." He said firmly.
"I'm a trained assassin." I said bluntly.
"And you were going to shoot me?" He asked startled.
"I was hired, to shoot you. But I didn't, Shit Lew's gonna shoot me." I said.
"Lew?"
"Redman." I answered.
"You have got to be joking." He said astonished.
"I'm sorry, a job is a job and normally I wouldn't of just stepped on a can. I was waiting for you to stop in here so I could put a bullet in the back of your head." I told him.
"Well that's comforting." He whispered.
"I'm sorry." I said looking down "but you've got to promise me something."
"What's that?" He asked.
"You won't tell Lewis that I failed to shoot you." I whispered.
"Trust me. I'm not going anywhere near Lewis, can't trust that boy anymore."
"Shit. Now I've come in between your friendship." I sighed.
"No, don't worry about that. I would have found out eventually." He said.

My phone started ringing. It was Lewis. I didn't want to answer it.
"It's Lewis." I told him.
"I'll answer." He said.
"No, don't." I yelled.
He quickly grabbed my phone out of my hands and answered it.
"Hey, Lewis." He said cheerily.
"Hey? Simon?" Lewis recognised the voice.
"I have your precious cousin here Lewis." Simon trailed off.
"What! Y/N?" He yelled.
"Yes Lewis, Y/N" he sighed again.
"She tried to shoot you, didn't she." Lewis asked.
"Yeah, she did. And if you don't tell me why I'm going to shoot her instead!" Simon yelled through the phone.

My eyes widened, he wouldn't shoot me. Would he? Simon didn't have the guts, I seen the fear in his eyes when he was carrying the gun, he couldn't fire it. He hung up the phone and turned around to pass me it back. I hesitated before taking the phone from his hands, watching his eyes shift from me, to the gun, to the ground.
"I'm not going to shoot you Y/N, I promise." Simon said.
"I'm not going to shoot you either Simon." I told him. He rained his eyebrows.
"I mean, I can't shoot you when I don't have the gun." I laughed.
"Lewis is on his way. He thinks I'm gonna shoot you." Simon said frustrated.
"Then why don't you."
"Are you absolutely out of your mind? I could never." He said.
"Then pretend to. Hold the gun at my head. I'll put on the safety switch, when Lewis comes in he'll see and tell you why he wants me to shoot you."
"Are you sure your alright with that? What if I hurt you?" He asked.
"Simon I'll be fine. As long as you don't shoot."
"Okay." He breathed out.
"Okay." I replied.

The cold barrel of the gun was pressed against my head. I could hear Simon's uneven, heavy breathing. Lewis has arrived, I heard the door slam shut and him yell.
"Y/N! Where are you."
"Lewis, help." I yelled back.
The gun was pressed harder against my head as I felt Simon's arm around my waist for support.
"Simon, let her go!"
"No can do Lewis. She says with me. Until you talk." Simon sneered.
I was staring at Lewis, he seen the "fear" in my eyes. Lew put his hands up and started to walk forward toward Simon.
"Don't come any closer Redman. Or I'll shoot." Simon said.
"Please, Simon. Just drop the gun, just drop it." Lewis pleaded.
Simon dropped the gun, I heard it hit the floor beside me. Although I was still in Simon's grasp, he wasn't letting me go. And I mean I wasn't complaining.
"Tell me why you hired Y/N to shoot me." Simon said.
"I didn't." He responded.
"Well you obviously did, Lewis." Simon replied.
"It's because, of your fans, they hate me Simon. It's only when I'm with you that I get all of this hate, so wiping you out is the only option." Lewis admitted.
"I'm sorry Lewis, I'll figure that out I promise." Simon said.
"Okay, well I need to go. Don't shoot each other." Lewis said.
"Bye." We both said.

By this point, my head was spinning. Simon's arm around me was the only thing holding me up, and I could have shot him. I tried to walk way from it all but stumbled along the way.
"Y/N, you don't look so good." Simon whispered. "You should sit down".
I leaned into him before I fell completely, now was not the time for a panic attack. I sense my heartbeat speeding up, as if it's going to burst out of my chest. At the same time, my chest feels tight but also huge; it's like my ribs and lungs have expanded to capacity and are being forced to stay there. Simon obviously noticed as he sat me down and kept me near his chest, he kept just telling me to breathe, but this is when the flashbacks start.

I put my finger on the trigger and looked through the scope, and shot. The noise ringing through my head, as I seen the body fall onto the floor and roll on it's side. My phone pinged- £50,000 has been added to your bank account. And that was the job finished, for today.

When it was over, I was still hyperventilating and Simon was trying to help, he had to calm my breathing somehow, and he knew exactly what to do. He pressed his lips onto mine, causing me to stop breathing and calm down. After a moment he pulled away, and I looked up at him.
"You don't have a girlfriend do you? Cause that would be cheating. But Thanks Simon, that really helped." I told him.
"No, I'm a single pringle." Simon admitted.
"Well that means that I can do this then."
I leaned up and pressed my lips back onto his, he kissed back almost immediately. We sat like this for a couple of minutes before speaking again.
"My place." I asked. His eyes widened. "For Dinner, Si." I giggled.
"It's a date." He smiled.
We walked out of the alleyway, hand in hand,  my other hand occupied by the gun.

When we got back to my apartment, I put the gun back in the wardrobe and got into some pajamas. I walked out to see Simon watching TV, I went to join him when he turned around.
"You look cute." He said.
"I'm not cute. Simon."
"No your not, your a badass."
"Well thank you." I smiled.
Simon asked me questions all night about my job, although I made him swear he wouldn't tell anyone about it. I'd be jailed for life, Literally. He decided he would spend the night so we decided to watch action films for a while.
"How many people have you shot?" He asked.
"Shot? Or killed?"
"Killed." He whispered.
"Too many." I replied bluntly.
"Well then." He breathed out.
"I'm not gonna hurt you Simon, I promise." I hummed into his jaw.
"Hmm. I won't hurt you either, although that would be very unlikely." He whispered.
"That's good." I said. He just kinda giggled in reply. Our lips met again and it got heated quickly, gasping for breaths we both managed one word.

"Bedroom?"

"Bedroom."

Word Count- 1600.

Thank You So Much For 2k! I honestly loved writing this chapter, I was unsure about writing it about Simon, but though that he worked best. And also I love him.

© tobileroneee