Acceptance

Viki's POV:
I figured out it was best to do things the way Kalpi wants it even though it affects me negatively... It's for the best.
I let out a sigh as I enter the room.
Kalpi is looking like Kalpi dressed in blue. I missed seeing her in that color. I'm so glad she's back.
This must have been the kind of happiness Roma felt when her cousin finally opened up.

She looks up at me with a smile... I missed that smile.
"Hey Viks" she says with ease
"Are you ready?"
"Yes I am. I'm getting discharged today so I wore blue "
She says gesturing towards her outfit.
She stands from the bed.
"And I've made my decision"
She says while keeping a straight face.
"What have you decided?"
She sighs then looks at me.

Kalpi's POV:
I took into consideration what Roma told me some days ago and I considered people's feelings which is what I usually do.
"I won't file a case against Sammy Raizada"
With that said, Viki's face lightens up
"Really?"
He asks surprised. I nod in response.
"It must have been hard for you to make that decision"
He says now sounding concerned
"I didn't want just one painful accident cause pain for the people I care about. I realized how many people would get affected if I made the decision to file a case. I know how much it would affect you and Roma's relationship...and about Roma... she's a pretty good match for you. She's very convincing, especially with those blue eyes of hers that glitters at times. She came to see me some days ago and helped me understand the impact of the effect of my decision"
After saying those words of mine, a smile forms on his face. I approach him and rests a hand on his shoulder

"Roma is a very impressive lady and now that this whole rape stuff is about to be over, the both of you should move on to the next big step"
His eyes meet mine in reaction to my words.

***

Viki is all smiles when we arrive back home.
I, my Mom, Dad, Pakiya, Viki and Aunt are all sitting at the table for dinner.
"Kalpi dear, are you okay now?"
My Aunt asks concerned.
"Yes Aunt.. I'm all better"
I respond with a smile that is sure to assure her.
"I've decided not to file the case"
I say finally and all eyes are on me
"That man caused us so much pain Kalpi. You can't just not file a case"
My Aunt says immediately
"Mom he didn't know what he was doing"
Viki says trying to calm her
"It doesn't matter if he knew what he was doing. What matters is that he did it and we need to file a case"
Dad says now getting angry.
"But Kalpi has decided to forgive him"
Mom says trying to defend my decision
"Of course Kalpi will forgive him. She is so concerned about other's feelings so she won't be fair to herself"
Pakiya aggressively contributes.

They all begin arguing completely forgetting that it is my decision in the first place.
"Enough!"
I yell already agitated
"You guys weren't the ones who had to be tied up and dumped in a strange place. You weren't the ones who had to be roughly defiled by a man you didn't know. You didn't have to be seen as an easy woman. You didn't have to be cursed by people for being molested even the slightest bit. I had to face all those problems and I appreciate you guys for also enduring the pain that you had felt but in the end it is my decision to forgive him or not and I choose to forgive him"
They are all quiet as I take a deep breathe
I face my Aunt
"What if it was Viki who was drunk unknowingly and raped Roma.. won't you want Roma to forgive him?"
I look at all of them as a tear drops from my eyes.
"I've made a decision now and I hope you accept it..and now Viki and Roma should be expected to take the next big step in their relationship and you all should accept that too"
With that said, I leave to my room as I wipe my tears and fall on my bed to let sleep have its moment.

Hey guys!
Who else is glad that things are finally beginning to get brightened up?
I know I am!
I want to thank you guys for your continuous support and also for reading this story.
How do you think Raghav will feel when he finds out about Kalpi's decision and is Kalpi really content with her decision? Will she regret it?
Please comment your opinions or thoughts 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘love you.