Taking a turn

Raghav's POV:
These days I've been using work to distract myself from the present occurring in my life. I have no idea what Kalpi's decision may be but I hope she makes a decision that she's satisfied with.
There's a knock on the door and I'm too lazy to go open it.
Ah..stress
Someone has to do it.

It's Roma and she's all smiles
"Kalpi made her decision"
That explains why she's happy and lemme guess, it's in her favor

"She isn't filing a case"
She says with a really broad smile. I should feel really happy right now that my best friend isn't going to jail but right now all I can think about is if Kalpi is satisfied with this decision.
"Aren't you glad?"
Roma asks noticing my not really happy face.
"Is Kalpi okay with the decision?"
Her smile takes a break and she becomes thoughtful
"Of course she is. She even came over here with Viki"

Roma's POV:

"Of course she is. She even came over here with Viki"
I say with a straight face and that's when his face lit up. He is so excited and is trying not to show it.

Ragi has been a hot mess these days, well bothered with work. He hardly had Breakfast, Lunch, or even Dinner with us. On certain days I wondered if I still had a cousin
I hope everything would go back to normal now or even better than normal

"She's.. I mean.. they're downstairs now?"
He asks still trying to hide his excitement. I nod with a small smile

"OK then.. I'll be down in a bit"
He says and I nod and exit the room. He really won't be down in a bit. For the past days, his personal grooming had gone on a holiday. I hope it gets back to work.

***

Viki's POV:

I'm glad to finally see Roma again under more suitable circumstances. Kalpi thought it was right that we developed family relationships with Roma's family. She also said that she's breaking the news about I and Roma taking the next big step.

Roma descends from the stairs looking so pretty irrespective of the fact that she's dressed in simple clothing. She looks amazing in anything she wears.
"I'm sure you wish you could stare forever right?"

Kalpi's voice makes contact with my ears as she brings me out of my world
I smile shyly.

We're all sitting in the hall and no one is saying a word...#so awkward
"Raghav will be down in a bit"
Roma says softly but a bit is pretty real soon as Raghav arrives and sits next to Roma who is sitting opposite me.
The atmosphere is more awkward and I can not only see the tension in the gathering but feel it too.

Kalpana smirks which is weird because no one seems to be all jolly jolly right now
"The days have been tough right?"
She says with a smile trying to get everyone in the mood

"Why don't we put everything behind us hmmm.... I think that's a good idea. What happened that night really wasn't anybody's fault, it was the circumstances and it's best that we leave that painful past and work on our present so we can have a faithful future"

She says with a smile at the end.
I can already see glimpses of happiness among their faces

"I didn't think it would be possible for our family to have any other relationship due to the incident but if you are really willing to move on then, we could move on together. Sammy is like my own son and his problems are my problems. I've heard about your decision but I hope you're okay with it"
Roma's Aunt says as Kalpi smiles.
"I'm okay with it"
She replies and stands

"And I think that the best way to move on is to start off with a wedding"

She says with a mischievous smile. She takes Roma's hand making her stand up and take my hand making me stand up then she joins them together and moves Roma up close beside me - this long process took 2 minutes and it made Roma blush. It's so obvious when she blushes, she has a really fair skin.

"Don't they just look like the best couple"
Kalpi says with an amazing smile that makes Roma blush harder.

Roma's Aunt stands

"I see where you're going Kalpi and I have a full plan on how to go through it"
She says making Roma's eyes go wide with shyness

"That sounds like a really good idea"
Raghav says finally. For the first time in ever I'm glad he said something

"We have to start with the wedding preparations"
Roma's Aunt says and leaves.
I give Kalpana a stare which definitely said 'some privacy please', she gave Raghav a look and they left.

Raghav's POV:
The gathering earlier was quiet peaceful and encouraging but I feel strange about talking to Kalpi again. If I had not left her that day then she wouldn't experience that trauma, somehow I feel this is all my fault.

"It's not your fault"

I turn to trace that voice. It's Kalpi, she's still here
"I know you might be blaming yourself for this but it really isn't your fault. Thank you for your support though... It was really helpful"

I nod slowly taking in her words

"So we're gonna become in laws soon"
I say while rubbing my neck which I think has become a habit whenever Kalpi's around.

"Yes we are but we can't just be in laws"
My eyes meet hers. What did she mean?

What did she mean?
Any guesses?
I'll like to thank you guys once again for your continuous support
Please comment your opinions or guesses😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘love you.