Ch. 6

The rest of the day flew by, along with the next couple of days. Thankfully for Hermione, she only had one other class with Draco and Blaise. Ginny was only in one of those classes, and she noticed that the one class that Ginny wasn't in, Blaise seemed incredibly fidgety and nervous.

She practically collapsed onto her bed that Thursday evening when she got back to her dorm, sighing heavily into the large comforter and kicking off her shoes.

"You alright there?"

Sitting up quickly, she looked over at her door that she just now realized she had forgotten to close. Draco was standing in her doorway, leaning against the frame. He had a small smile on his face, but it was laced with concern. Concern for her?

"Yeah, just exhausted," She answered.

He knew that she wasn't going to tell him why, but he also knew that she didn't  always sleep through the nights. He was woken up on more than one occasion from her anxiety and from nightmares she seemed to be having. So instead of pushing it, he frowned at her and said, "Why don't you go take a bath in the Prefects' bathroom?"

It didn't sound too bad of an idea to her. Of course, she could just use her own bathroom; the bathtub was plenty large enough. But it didn't have any of the amazing soaps and lotions that she enjoyed in the Prefects' bathroom.

Groaning, she sat up and looked at him. "Nah, I think I'll just stay here."

"Are you sure?" He asked, concern clear in his eyes. He could feel her stress and it ruffled his Veela, but he knew there was only so much he could do.

She gave him a small smile and nodded. "I'll be alright. Just don't go running into my bathroom for anything."

He laughed and she felt a warmth spread through her. She tried to not let it startle her but she couldn't help but feel unnerved at the odd reaction.

After he left the doorway, she grabbed a change of clothes and her wand, going into her bathroom and locking the door behind her. She was very happy when she found out she would have her own private bathroom, with a large sink and a bathtub that almost rivaled the Prefect's bathtub. Of course, this one wasn't the size of a small pool, but it was nearly three times the size of a normal tub, and it even had a little nook for her to sit in that prevented her from sliding down too far into the water.

She used one of the four taps off to the side of the regular taps to add some bubble bath into the warm water, watching as the bubbles began to cover the entire surface of the bath.

Sinking down into the warm water, she sighed and quickly wrangled her hair up into a bun again. She normally didn't like wearing it up just because the sheer amount of hair she had would break any hair tie she would try to wrap around it. Even though she resized them to fit her hair, she still found that she liked her hair down better.

She waved her wand at the small gramophone that she had brought from home, it being her mother's gift to her a few years ago. Soft classical music began playing, echoing throughout the bathroom. She smiled to herself and leaned back against the edge of the tub, closing her eyes as she relaxed.

Draco sat on the couch studying, one ear kept out listening to his mate. He froze slightly when he heard music begin, but then relaxed again as he felt her happiness radiating from her bedroom door. Good. She needed a relaxing night.

He continued on with his notes, pausing every so often so make sure his mate was still content. Maybe he should have offered to get her more wine? He shook his head at himself. No, she wouldn't allow it on a school night. Especially since it was their night for rounds.