Ch. 44

The four of them stepped off the Hogwarts Express at King's Cross, nerves racing through the group. They ignored the looks they were receiving, Blaise and Draco taking both sides of the girls and wrapping a protective arm around them as they walked through the crowd. Thankfully there weren't any paparazzi there.

After they had reached a safe spot behind one of the pillars away from the wandering eyes of people, they set down their bags and sighed.

"It's only one day," Hermione said. "And Ginny and I will see you two in the morning!"

Draco took her hands and squeezed them, smiling down at her. "Doesn't mean I won't miss you."

She grinned. "Silly, it's only a day."

He pulled her to him and pressed a kiss to her lips. "Always the logical one."

"You like my logic," She countered.

"Yes I do, my smart little witch," He said.

"Aww, how cute!"

They looked over to see Ginny grinning at them and Blaise making a fake sick face. Hermione rolled her eyes. "So mature, Blaise."

He grinned. "Always!"

Ginny smacked him on the arm and sighed. "Well, mum is probably expecting us. We'll let you know when we're about to apparate to the Manor."

Draco and Blaise nodded and pulled the girls in for another kiss before the group separated. Blaise and Draco apparated first, though Hermione knew Draco wanted to stay until the girls apparated away. Ginny nodded at Hermione before disappearing with her bag, and Hermione took a deep breath and King's Cross disappeared.

She landed in a field not far from the Burrow, looking up at the old house. After the war, Molly and Arthur Weasley had returned to their old home and rebuilt it, making it much larger than it was previously. It was still just as welcoming as it was before, and Hermione smiled up at the house, reminiscing in the memories.

"Come on, 'Mione!"

She heard Ginny call from somewhere in front of her. She adjusted her grip on her bag and made her way up to the house, grinning from ear to ear.

As soon as they entered there was a squeal of delight and they were pulled into a large hug by Mrs. Weasley.

"Oh my girls!" She cried. "I've missed you both so much!"

She pulled away and looked at the two of them. Then her smile dropped slightly and she leaned in, looking between the two of them. "Something's different about you two."

"It's a long story, mum," Ginny said, looking at Hermione. "We'll tell you later."

Hermione nodded in agreement and then smiled at Mrs. Weasley. "It's so good to see you; I'm sorry I wasn't able to come over this summer."

Mrs. Weasley smiled warmly and patted her shoulder. "That's alright dear, Ginny told me what you were doing. Any luck?"

Shaking her head, Hermione sighed. "Nothing yet. But I'm going to try again next summer, and Ginny's offered to help so we should have more luck finding them."

"Well you be sure to let me know as soon as you find them," Mrs. Weasley said. "I'll cook a celebratory dinner and you will have to bring them to visit!"

"I would love that," Hermione smiled.

"Now you two get settled," Mrs. Weasley said, waving them off. "Breakfast will be ready soon!"

Ginny and Hermione went to Ginny's room, which was now on the second floor instead of the first. With the renovation, the rooms were all moved around which no one really minded. Ginny was happy to be on the second floor now with George, and based on the explosion that had suddenly come from his room, the girls knew he was home.